Best ATV grease?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Picked up a new quad and was considering what grease to use in it.

I have on hand:
- Mobil 1 synthetic grease (red)
- Amsoil synthetic grease (red)
- Petro Canada Precision synthetic multi-purpose grease

The Petro-Canada product lists strong wash-out resistance as one of its characteristics, which is important, given a fair amount of water traversal. I know AMSOIL makes a blue grease that is specific to applications that will get a ton of washout exposure as well.

Thoughts?

What type comes OEM? you dont want to have to clean and repack do you? so you need something compatible?

Originally Posted By: Rand
What type comes OEM? you dont want to have to clean and repack do you? so you need something compatible?

No idea, whatever Bombardier/Can-Am uses
21.gif

You want marine grease, unless your a pansy that does not get the ATV wet.

and always clean and repack, you think that grease in there is virgin?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
You want marine grease, unless your a pansy that does not get the ATV wet.

and always clean and repack, you think that grease in there is virgin?

Yes, it gets quite wet. Spent probably 30 minutes in the creek today for example.

Mystik JT-6 #2

"Mystik Multi-Purpose Grease is our most water resistant and water insoluble product. "

Use on my boat trailer bearings as do a number of folks around here for many years - like the almost clear color too ...

I follow the same premise that I use for ATV engine and gear oil; doesn't matter what you use really, just change it often. I grease after every ride with whatever I pickup at the parts store.

;
Originally Posted By: krismoriah72
Mystik JT-6 #2

"Mystik Multi-Purpose Grease is our most water resistant and water insoluble product. "

+1 use this on the Raptor, and jet-ski & sled trailer wheel bearings. Can be found at most Tractor Supply stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back