Smart phone recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and I'm about done with Apple smart phones. Thinking of a LG or maybe Samsung. What do you folks have or could you recommend? Thanks in advance

I would get a S8 because I bet they have done tons of testing to make sure it's right.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
I have a Google Pixel and love it.

What's your budget? Open to used devices? What don't you like about Apple?

They seem to be hard to deal with at times (Apple) and seems like constantly wanting to do updates and if you don't do it it does it on its own

Originally Posted By: car51
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
I have a Google Pixel and love it.

What's your budget? Open to used devices? What don't you like about Apple?

They seem to be hard to deal with at times (Apple) and seems like constantly wanting to do updates and if you don't do it it does it on its own

Then drop the idea of Samsung. They're the Apple of the Android world. Are you planning on buying a phone outright or with a subsidy?

Everytime I have strayed away from Nexus (Pixel) I have come right back. Pure unmodified Android and clean no-gimmick devices.

Pixel or S8. I love my S8+. Stay clear of LG. I love LG stuff but their phones have been disappointing since the G4. My Nexus 5X did the famous LG bootloop and never recovered.

Wondering what dealing you have with Apple? And the updates, usually it's to fix stuff so why not let them fix it and move on? 95% of the stuff updated I never use or know about. I've had a 5C for 3.5 years with no complaints, tried a Samsung S5, threw it in a drawer and got the 5C back out. Not an iStuff fanboy but the phone is ok for calls, text, and photos.

My son has a Google pixel and is pleased with it, however it costs as much as a top of the line galaxy or iPhone. I have a OnePlus 3t. Much less expensive and nearly as good. My only knock on the 3t is the camera isn't as good as the pixel or iPhone.

Pixel if you want the best Android phone available. OnePlus 3T if you want a very good phone at a steal of a price.

Samsung's skin they put over stock Android would keep me away. Bloated software bugs me, but others don't seem to care. If I had a Samsung I would absolutely have to root it (like jailbreaking an iPhone) and install a custom ROM.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff

Wondering what dealing you have with Apple? And the updates, usually it's to fix stuff so why not let them fix it and move on? 95% of the stuff updated I never use or know about. I've had a 5C for 3.5 years with no complaints, tried a Samsung S5, threw it in a drawer and got the 5C back out. Not an iStuff fanboy but the phone is ok for calls, text, and photos.

I just don't like how if you don't do a certain update; it does it on its own. I'm not the biggest apple person also. Heck, I may just go to flip phone as still have my DELL laptop

What's people's thoughts on this?

This one looks kinda basic
smile.gif

https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/samsung-galaxy-j3-eclipse/#?sku=2480004

What's people's thoughts on this?

This one looks kinda basic
smile.gif

https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/samsung-galaxy-j3-eclipse/#?sku=2480004

If you're going that cheap, why not the Moto Z play droid? I think they have it for $5 a month. Better specs, bigger screen, better camera, etc.

I had the older Moto X Pure edition, it's about 2 years old at this stage, but it's a pretty clean phone, not a lot of bloatware on it because it was direct from Motorola so the carrier never got to install all their usual junk on it.

I came from an iPhone 6+ and am really liking my ZTE Axon 7. It's getting regular updates, has a gorgeous high res screen, awesome speakers, and all the bells and whistles. It was $399 outright at Best Buy. It's almost always a top "budget" Android phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back