2014 Lincoln MKS AWD Ecoboost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never thought I would find anything that I would enjoy as much as my 2007 Pontiac GT. It was the first car I bought new in many years and the trigger was Pontiac's decision to discontinue the GT. Navy blue/tan leather, Bose, supercharged 3.8, HD transmission. Served me well for 8 years and 144k. Developed a HG issue and ran hot a lot. When I took it to my mechanic, the repair equaled its book value.
Needed something that day and wife suggested a Nissan Rogue because she sees them everywhere. For the last year, I have hated my 2013 Rogue every day.
Underpowered and coupled with a CVT, my 0-60 was about 20 minutes.

With the luxury of time on my side, 3 weeks ago I found a 2014 Lincoln MKS in smoked quartz (blue/grey) and tan leather.Every option. I haven't even tried half the options.Came off a three year lease, 27k miles, dealer serviced, 3.5, twin turbos, 365 HP on regular, trans cooler, memory heated/cooled/massage seats, lane departure/park assist, 600w 16 speaker audio, navigation, comfort/normal/sport modes, 20" aluminum wheels, dual sunroofs,even has a block heater. I don't know how often I will need a power rear window shade; but I got one.

Almost seemed like a contest to see how many gadgets they could put in one car. All the gadgets put this sticker at $56,000 new, which is insane. Thanks to depreciation, I paid $24,300. I could have paid more money for less car, but there was nothing out there like this. I was looking at Acuras, small Audi's, Volvo S60/S80, Avalon, and this car's twin the Taurus SHO. My choices were also guided by the warranties. Lincoln offers a 6yr/100k bumper to bumper so I am covered until April 2020. Volvo got a long look for its b to b warranty but was smaller and the upgraded audio was difficult to find. Many of the other cars with turbos, and some without, required premium.

I still only need to fill up once a week thanks to the 19 gal. tank; mileage is slightly less than the Rogue, and I'll need to find another way to lug bags of mulch from Home Depot, but I'm OK with that.

We need some pictures of this beauty! I'm guessing this is basically a Lincoln SHO?

Oh, and in true BITOG fashion, I asked what kind of oil the dealer uses. "Motorcraft blend 5w20" was his answer. I said doesn't this engine spec 5w30?
He said, yes, but we put 5w20 in everything. So, one of these weekends.......

Just remember to service the PTU
smile.gif
congrats on a nice ride!

Originally Posted By: PhillyJoe
Oh, and in true BITOG fashion, I asked what kind of oil the dealer uses. "Motorcraft blend 5w20" was his answer. I said doesn't this engine spec 5w30?

Well hopefully it wasn't driven hard during the lease period. Did the dealer records show the mileage of the OCI's? My wife's Ford dealer uses 5W-30 for the Ecoboost engines, but it's conventional, not even Motorcraft synblend
shocked2.gif
. Needless to say we'll be avoiding them for oil changes.

Whimsey

I am surprised it is only 19 gallons. I figured 21 considering the vehicle. Either way it sounds like a real nice ride. Cant wait to see the pictures!

I'll need to find another way to lug bags of mulch from Home Depot, but I'm OK with that.

Just put some old blankets on the rear seat and in the trunk when you need to.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
I'll need to find another way to lug bags of mulch from Home Depot, but I'm OK with that.

Just put some old blankets on the rear seat and in the trunk when you need to.

^^This

In a couple years, a new service bulletin will "Back spec" it to 5W-20, just wait and see, LOL!

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Those cars are hotrods in disguise! I love them!

I have read about people getting tunes for the SHO/MKS to push them "into the 12's" at the track, but at 4400 lbs, I wouldn't pick this as my racecar.

Originally Posted By: Ethan1
Uhh massage seats? That's awesome

I have them in my SHO. They are OK but not a must have. The back massage is nice but subtle. There is this weird butt massage that is just... odd... Passengers do need to get used to the 3 position lumbar support though. They came on my car but I don't know if I'd seek them out.

Originally Posted By: Linctex

In a couple years, a new service bulletin will "Back spec" it to 5W-20, just wait and see, LOL!

Naah. The 2010 Ecoboost 3.5s all spec'ed 5w20 and for 2011 it changed. Ford has not back-specced them to 5w30 and nobody knows why. Mine has been fed a diet of 5w20 of various flavors and at 118k it still runs great.

Nice ride - had an MKX before FES and really enjoyed - 5w30 synthetic seems logical IMO

Don't know how to load pictures from iphone so I sent myself an email. Could I send these to someone to post?
Thanks. (Yes I read the how do I post images.)
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back