Unbelievable Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
The drivers that get me are the ones who do something wrong and or illegal which almost causes an accident, then they flip me off as if I did something wrong...they apparently think they aren't doing anything wrong even when they are...

Originally Posted By: grampi
The drivers that get me are the ones who do something wrong and or illegal which almost causes an accident, then they flip me off as if I did something wrong...they apparently think they aren't doing anything wrong even when they are...

Happens all the time I know they're clueless as I drive the roads all the time. People who don't yield even after driving by 2 yield signs and I don't have one and then get mad at me. People who jump into my lane to get to an on ramp when they're not supposed to. Going straight when they're in a left turn lane. Saw one guy blocking the box and there was a cop right there, he did nothing, he was working a detail so ignored it. People who stop at an intersection for non existent stop signs although the other side has a stop sign.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Originally Posted By: grampi

Happens all the time I know they're clueless as I drive the roads all the time. People who don't yield even after driving by 2 yield signs and I don't have one and then get mad at me. People who jump into my lane to get to an on ramp when they're not supposed to. Going straight when they're in a left turn lane. Saw one guy blocking the box and there was a cop right there, he did nothing, he was working a detail so ignored it. People who stop at an intersection for non existent stop signs although the other side has a stop sign.

There's this guy who makes an illegal left turn every morning on my way to work. A couple of times I've encountered him at this intersection. I'm turning right, and he tries to turn left illegally in front of me turning right, but I don't let him. I go and he has to hit his brakes to keep from running into me, and every time he flips me off as if I'm in the wrong. I just laugh and keep going...this is how bad society has become....doing things the wrong way has become the norm, and those of us who do them the right way are in the wrong...

Living in a less densely populated area - there are still those that have to pull out when you are doing 70 mph and no one behind you for a mile ...

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Living in a less densely populated area - there are still those that have to pull out when you are doing 70 mph and no one behind you for a mile ...

Yeah, I don't get those idiots either...

But they stopped, right? They forget the stop and don't proceed until safe part.
wink.gif

LEO stopped a guy for running a stop sign. Driver said - I did not run it - I just eased up past it.
An argument led to fighting - and while the cop was beating him down he says: "You want me to stop or just ease up?"

I drive defensively and I don't flip people off or even acknowledge them when they mess up, you just never know who's carrying a gun these days. Just to many idiots out there and I don't want to be the victim of one of them.

All the time.......
I must drive a vehicle with a Star Trek cloaking device, like no one can see it.
Nothing behind me as far as one can see, and some bozo with a utility trailer pulls out, I nearly make the trailer his new rear bumper, and the bozo just dwaddles along
like "whatever, it's all about me".

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: IndyIan
You guys need some serious distracted driving penalties, here its $500 or $1000 fine, and 3 demerit pts for holding a cell phone while driving. For new drivers they lose their license for a month or 3.
Some people still text or talk on their phone of course, but they also keep one eye on the road to avoid getting caught as well...

The fines we have don't work well around here. Too bad the police can't take the phone, toss it on the ground and stomp on it, just after they issue the fine. LOL That might get people to think twice about texting and driving.

Our Govna' just signed into law prohibiting texting while driving, starting 09/01/2017.
Finally, at least the texters will have to pay a fine if caught.
I have enough trouble trying to eat my blueberry jelly donut and drinking hot coffee while driving without having to watch out for all the texting drivers!

19.gif

Originally Posted By: BalticBob
You guys need some serious distracted driving penalties, here its $500 or $1000 fine, and 3 demerit pts for holding a cell phone while driving. For new drivers they lose their license for a month or 3.
Some people still text or talk on their phone of course, but they also keep one eye on the road to avoid getting caught as well...

The fines we have don't work well around here. Too bad the police can't take the phone, toss it on the ground and stomp on it, just after they issue the fine. LOL That might get people to think twice about texting and driving.

Our Govna' just signed into law prohibiting texting while driving, starting 09/01/2017.
I have enough trouble trying to eat my blueberry jelly donut and drinking hot coffee while driving without having to watch out for all the texting drivers!

19.gif

Unfortunately, many of these laws become window dressing - CA has mandated "hands free" use of devices here and I have personally witnessed police officers operating black and white cruisers with cell phones stuck to their ears. I also see people using their phones, texting, and the aforementioned application of make up while driving - pretty much on a daily basis.

Originally Posted By: BalticBob

19.gif

I read a couple years ago that Texas throws the library at you for distracted driving, to include eating food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back