JAPAN raids Mitsubishi over MPG claims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sort of - they closed our dealership last year...tough times in town. Now I'm down at the Agricuture branch, running a car shop in a corner of the tractor shop...keeping the good customers satisfied, but unable to do any warranty work. The main branch in a town 45min north is still a Mitsubishi agent, and I work up there when needed. They were short handed and busy, so they concentrate on important work and push the pre delivery inspections back. I did a couple of half days last week to clear up some PD's, fit mudflaps etc.

The guy in charge of warranties at Mitsubishi NZ (he's a triboligist too), his previous job was at an American agricultural company. His warranty stuff couldn't fit in file cabinets, and was stacked in piles on the floor of his office. He still can't believe he carries the warranties at MNZ around in a small folder in his hand...and has issues like a glovebox door not closing.

Last edited:
The first year we did mitsubishi, we had a total of 6 warranty claims. Even now, the warranty parts for mitsubishi that we need to keep on site for 3 months fit on one rack shelf (and there's spare room), the hyundai parts occupy 8 shelves.... stacked on top of each other too.

Both brands offer a 5 year warranty here, btw....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back