My truck with her spring wax job

Status
Not open for further replies.
2011 Silverado just clicked over 100,000 miles a few months ago...but still looking good. I'm still not sure I like the look of it without the door bumpers...thoughts?

Nice shine!

Also, have you thought of upgrading to some bigger wheels?
Those current ones hardly clear the front rotors and calipers
smirk.gif

Looks nice. It's a lot of work to get a truck looking like that!

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
Nice shine!

Also, have you thought of upgrading to some bigger wheels?
Those current ones hardly clear the front rotors and calipers
smirk.gif

They are obviously aftermarket rims, but the same as stock size 20" and stock size 20" tires

If you're talking about the wide bodyside mouldings that these trucks had from the factory, they are notorious for falling off. They each weigh over a pound.

Nice shine. Where's the before and after pics?

Not sure about the wheels and tires, but like the fender flares!

Looks good. I really really need to get mine waxed, but its got so many will marks from the PDR people i need to get some professional paint correction.

Thank you for all the kind comments!!!

This is my first truck, and I really do love driving it.

The fender flares are my second iteration. I started with thicker ones with the stainless studs in them...but it was just too much. I took them off and found the thinnest, smallest ones I could find.

The grill I got off ebay for a steal considering it is actually chrome plated steel instead of plastic. Most of what you find on there seems to just be plastic. It seems to be well built and holding up pretty good.

The wheels I picked up used...actually traded straight across for the 17" stock wheels that came on it. I am still not sure I like them the best either...but they have been on the truck for almost 4 years now, so I guess they can stay a bit longer, plus the price was right. New wheels are just so darn expensive.

Products would be Meg's cleaner wax and then Eagle One spray and shine and then a final pass over with Meg's quick detailer. I use back to black on the plastics. I use an aerosol spray carnuba cleaner wax/detailer on the rims, but forget the name, and just some cheap tire dressing I picked up on the clearance rack at wally world in the tires.

Throughout the year I have about three or four quick detailing sprays I go over it with on a bi-weekly or monthly basis to keep up the shine. Last year I did a full buff with a light cut polish...but don't remember the name of that either.

Yes, it is totally de-badged except for little 6.2L stickers from a Camaro I stuck on the hood. I took off the chevy symbol on the tailgate to find a big scratch down to the bare metal underneath...so thinking about putting a black one in its place.

Thanks again for all the comments! I'll post pics again at 200,000 miles...hopefully it still looks just as good.

Oh yeah, in case you were wondering.

Summer is 0W-40 Penz Ultra Plat. and Fram Ultra
Winter is 5w-30 Penz Ultra Plat. and Fram Ultra

Run exclusively E85 with 1 oz. TCW3 per 5 gallons...been doing this for the last 50,000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back