What was your fantasy sports car as a teen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was a driving age teenager (1959 to 1962) if it wasn't a Chevy, it was not something I was interested in driving, so my dream car was a Corvette, any corvette.

A Buick Grand National or a Buick Regal T-Type. I was always into "rare" cars. Everyone had a Camaro or Trans Am,and I was always into cars that were different and not mainstream.

One more vote for the R34. Still is, one of the realistic fantasies. Can finally import one, but have no money for it.

Easy... it was one of these:

906137d082b6c729eec217484ddcecf1.jpg

I actually owned a car that I liked as a kid, well kind of. I had a Monkey Mobile made by Corgi and when I was in high school I owned a 66 GTO Sports Coupe. Later on in life I found out it was a rare car with only a few thousand of them made compared to 10's of thousands of 66 Hard tops. What I would give to have that car now. Any way it's not hard to see what they started with when the built the Monkey Mobile.

Originally Posted By: Greggy_D
1987 Buick Grand National GNX

Dont let your dreams be dreams! Grand Nationals have come down alot in price. Of course the GNX model is crazy pricey, but a clean Grand National with some mods would be just as fun! I think about looking for one pretty often..

As some one else already said, something like a 427 Cobra. The kit car options for them are pretty tempting.

Originally Posted By: Trav

Jags of this vintage are absolutely beautiful. I love all the toggle switches on the dash too.

I wanted a late 60's Dodge Charger as a teen prior to driving age. Which I guess is a muscle and not a sports. In college in the mid 80's I wanted either a Mustang GT or a Thunderbird Super Coupe.

Ferrari Daytona
Shelby Cobra
1970 or 71 Challenger R/T Hemi
1967 Corvette 427 Roadster
1973 Firebird Trans-Am SD-455
1967 XKE 4.2 Roadster

Originally Posted By: Rick in PA
I always like things that were a little bit different.

I worked with a guy near Chicago who said his dad owned an Avanti.
He claimed that his cousin was an Indiana state trooper and cleared it for him to take some speed runs on a radar gun on a very flat and straight section of interstate in Indiana very early one morning. He boasted that he hit 170mph on one run, but I really doubt that after looking up what those cars actually were...

Well, not exactly a "sports car" but I wanted a '68 Charger at one time and then a '70 Chevelle or '70 Nova back in the day. Drove a '66 Chevy C10 to school. Ended up with a new '72 Nova but didn't really get much time with it when the Army decided they would like to have me come join their little party. Let my girlfriend use it, and she wrecked it while I was in training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back