60K Mile filter on 2013 Focus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just changed my air filter for the first time at 82,250 miles since 23,000 miles.

Mka5Xg5.jpg

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Wow! You drive!

Honestly I drive a lot less now. My commute went from 70 miles a day, 5 days a week, to 8 miles a day :p

I also don't make multiple trips a year to North Carolina and New York anymore (obviously because I live in NY again now). I put about 72k on my car in a bit over 3 years.

I've only put about 10k on since the accident with the 40lb hunk of cast iron in Cleveland last June. I'll be driving quite a bit this summer though, so I wanted to get everything in order.

That filter doesn't look bad for 60K.
What kind of OCI's are you running with the Synpower?
Any transmission issues?
I ask because I have a 2014 Focus...I changed out the OE air filter for a washable AEM Dryflow (no oiling it).

Originally Posted By: E150GT
did you change it because you felt like it or because you noticed anything?

I knew it had been 60k since I changed it last, and felt it was time to replace it.

Originally Posted By: pbm
Any transmission issues?
I ask because I have a 2014 Focus...I changed out the OE air filter for a washable AEM Dryflow (no oiling it).

I've been running Motorcraft blend for the last 2 changes, 7k for the previous one, and 5k for this one (8 months, during winter, it was time). I'll probably run it for 7-10k.

I've had numerous transmission problems. Clutch pack has been replaced twice, most recently last September I believe, and TCM replaced once, plus several reprograms. It's been working mostly fine since the last clutch replacement, but we'll see what happens. I still have another 18k left on the extended transmission warranty, so if it starts acting up again I'm going to take it right back.

The deeeeep pleats on the filter for my VW and my wifes Audi allow it to go 60K (VW) or 55K (Audi).
I changed mine at 30K and it was a waste of money. The tiny dual air filters on an old TPI Iroc-Z/TA need changed every other oil change.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Wow! You drive!

Not as much as my wife. She doesn't wanna rack up miles on her precious Audi, so she drives my 2013 VW all the time for her job that requires travel. But she gets paid .54 a mile so who cares. My GTI hit 100K last weekend, maybe you saw the thread.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv

But she gets paid .54 a mile so who cares.

shocked2.gif

Is she taxed on that as a benefit on her payroll/at year end?
The reason why I ask is here in Canada the CRA will allow .54 cents per km as a non-taxable benefit.

Considering the difference in USD to CAD as well as the difference b/t a mile and a km...are they both the same at .54 cents?

sorry for the thread derail

60K miles like 5k kilometers in my mine..

super awesome for 60K...i guess it does not seem any differences with the old one.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
Originally Posted By: E150GT
did you change it because you felt like it or because you noticed anything?

I knew it had been 60k since I changed it last, and felt it was time to replace it.

Originally Posted By: pbm
Any transmission issues?

I've been running Motorcraft blend for the last 2 changes, 7k for the previous one, and 5k for this one (8 months, during winter, it was time). I'll probably run it for 7-10k.

I've had numerous transmission problems. Clutch pack has been replaced twice, most recently last September I believe, and TCM replaced once, plus several reprograms. It's been working mostly fine since the last clutch replacement, but we'll see what happens. I still have another 18k left on the extended transmission warranty, so if it starts acting up again I'm going to take it right back.

It's a shame Ford allowed this (under developed) DCT to enter production and then allowed it to sell for 5 years...I think they may have it under control now but they hurt their brand IMO.
(Would you move up to a Fusion or Escape---which are great vehicles IMO---if you had such problems with their little brother?)

I bought a 5 speed manual because of this same issue and I'm glad I did.
I also bought my wife a 2016 Escape with the 6F35 which has been totally trouble free and a pleasure to own.

Mileage doesn't mean too much when it involves air filters. It all depends in the environment in which the vehicle is operated. Yours does still look decent for the use it has performed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back