Pennzoil Ultra 5W30 5,932 miles 2004 Toyota 2AZFE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing special here, unless you see something out of the ordinary. Did the oil shear a little? 2004 Solara in the sig.

The report looks OK. I'm curious since you live on L.I. Does your normal driving routine put you in a lot of traffic? My wife travels a bit over 20 miles to and from work, her typical run averages an hour+ each way. That does impact UOA results.

I'd bump that up to an additive rich 0/40 or 5/40, the 2AZFE will have no trouble with either.

My route is about 25 miles and takes about 30-40 mins. There is a lot of traffic on Nicholls rd in morning and evening rush hours. So I catch a lot of traffic around those times. If I leave before or after rush hour takes about 25 mins.

Thanks! I'll try bumping up a grade when I run out of my current stash. Not sure where sodium is coming from. May be leftover from the previous OCI, but I will ask blackstone and get back.

Originally Posted By: THafeez
My route is about 25 miles and takes about 30-40 mins. There is a lot of traffic on Nicholls rd in morning and evening rush hours. So I catch a lot of traffic around those times. If I leave before or after rush hour takes about 25 mins.

Your commute is much better than ours. Isn't Long Island a dream to travel on? Bumping a grade may or may not help. If this was your first run on PU I'd try it once more, it usually takes two OCI's before you can get an accurate read on an oil. If you do bump a grade it would probably pay to do a UOA on the second run with the "thicker" oil.

Doesn't look like Ultra to me either - likely some part Valvoline frankenbrew. Defy & Mobil listed in signature - it's easy to forget what you put in sometimes. My motto is a short pencil beats a long memory.

It was pennzoil Ultra. It was my first oil change and I made a post on here showing everything that I did. I'm in the Pennzoil UOA program so I had to use this oil to qualify for a free UOA.

Demar, I might run a thicker oil sometime in the future. I want to see how Maxlife syn 5w30 compares since there has been a lot of recent success with users on BITOG. I'll use it sometime next year when I finish the UOA program. If another run of HM oil doesn't help I'll bump it up a grade definitely.

And yes! Long Island is amazing. Close to the city, but far enough to enjoy nature and go fishing in the Great South Bay.. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back