Any experience with Gabriel Guardian Ready Mounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello folks,

Planning to change strut assemblies of my 2006 Sentra. Considering Gabriel Guardian Ready Mount assemblies. Any experience with this series?

Are these really ready to mount and come with required nuts and bolts or there is some work on top of these? Planning to install these myself.

Thanks in advance.

I haven't used the Gabriel Guardian however I just installed the Gabriel Ultras on one of my vehicles with good results. It wasn't too difficult.. They came with new nuts but not bolts. I reused any bolts that didn't come with the kit as they were in pretty good condition. In my application they were only shocks and not struts, I don't know if the kits are different.

Last edited:
Which bolts were not in your kit because I am pretty sure I have to replace all of them. Thanks to NY winter salt, they are very well rusted.

I'll just say to stay away from Monroe; I got Monroe OE spectrum struts put on my car a few months back (just struts, not the complete assembly), and they are junk IMO. Valved way to soft, and now 2 of them are very noisy. Had the car looked at by 2 shops to make sure the struts were installed correctly (top plate keyway lined up), and they make a lot of noise, so it's in the strut itself. In addition, the strut rods are longer then factory and the grease caps no longer fit in the front.

Just an FYI; Gabriel can't be any worse than Monroe...

Yes, they are ready to mount and come with the required nuts/bolts. Plus, they come in a snazzy shade of red
smile.gif

Please keep us updated on your experience with them.

I have not used the Guardian Readymount, as they are a relatively new offering. But I have used the Ultra Readyount, and there was nothing wrong with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back