Changing gears...TDI bought back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dbias
I do know that it does have two injectors per cylinder. I think one is DI and the other is port.

I do know my GTI has 8 injectors as well, and doing some reading it looks like it is DI and port. Good to know actually, I might be totally wrong though.

Originally Posted By: Delta
Originally Posted By: dbias
I do know that it does have two injectors per cylinder. I think one is DI and the other is port.

I do know my GTI has 8 injectors as well, and doing some reading it looks like it is DI and port. Good to know actually, I might be totally wrong though.

Supposedly the 2.0t is changed a bit for 2017, now 252hp, but i do not see a whole lot of info on it. CYMC is the engine code, i think. but thats about all ive seen. i think the port could help keep the carbon on the intake valves clear.

I know this has likely been decided already, but another vote for Castrol Edge 0w40. It's cheap, meets spec and is easy to find. I personally have been running oil meeting VW 504 spec (I know my car calls for VW 502, but OM also says VW 504 oils are ok) with no issues, but I change every 5k miles. Best of luck on the new car, it looks really sharp!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back