What was your fantasy sports car as a teen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Porsche 959
Maclaren F1
...all ahead of their time

1967 Corvette Stingray C2 with L71 427ci....best shape and power for its day in my eyes anyway...

McLaren F1
meamkmwuytpvz3dgzbm1.jpg

Skyline R34
maxresdefault.jpg

Now all I want is a LS430...
361444d1431203167-picked-up-a-04-ls430-to-go-with-my-07-ls460-img_0594.jpg

Friends brother had a Mustang Boss in the 70's. Now I may get a 2012-13 GT 5.0 this winter if the 99 F350 crew cab does not give me any surprises on the fall migration

Last edited:
Teen...Lamborghini Countach and Renault 5 turbo.

When I had my gap year, I was working in a Shell service station.

The car dealer/service statipn over the road was owned by a bloke called Chris Clearahan, who raced.

He had a white Countach, and would "attract" customers by having Sophie who worked for him wash it while wearing a bikini...those days my job was really slow, as he DID get all the customers...all I could do was watch.

Renault 5 turbo, looked it up for fun the other day after a GrB thread...there's one, a white one for sale down the mountains...$105k IIRC...shouldn't have looked.

Another one that doesn't quite fit the thread, but I would have in a heartbeat is a Detomaso Longchamp Spider.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Teen...Lamborghini Countach and Renault 5 turbo.

When I had my gap year, I was working in a Shell service station.

The car dealer/service statipn over the road was owned by a bloke called Chris Clearahan, who raced.

He had a white Countach, and would "attract" customers by having Sophie who worked for him wash it while wearing a bikini...those days my job was really slow, as he DID get all the customers...all I could do was watch.

Pics??

(of Sophie, of course...)

Originally Posted By: Mantooth
Countach
87 Buick GN and GNX
91 Gmc Cyclone
89 Pontiac Trans Am Turbo
and......
Mustang 428 Cobra Jet

I owned a Syclone for a couple of years. Wanting one was better than having one.
It didn't handle like a sports car, and every time I drove it hard, I had to fix it.

My teen years were from '75-'82. There weren't many sports cars in production to lust after in the late 70's.

Vector W2

Datsun 240Z with a small block Chevy swapped in.

Mark Donohue's 1969 Trans Am Camaro

'69 Corvette with a 427 ZL1 aluminum big block.

'77 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am with the 220 HP T/A 6.6L Pontiac engine. Fastest US built car that year, faster than the Corvette. This was before GM added the screaming thunder-chicken graphics to it, thereby making it the garish poster child for the disco craze.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I was never really into super cars, still am not at all. Not impressed by Lamborghinis or Ferraris.

My aunt's boss (now my boss's boss) had a 2009 ZR1 Corvette. Rode in it a couple times, incredible car.

This is one of my current dream cars.

427 Cobra with the Weber option(C/D 11.5 second 1/4 mile at 132m.p.h.,someone will correct me if I'm wrong)
McLaren F1
Short wheelbase Quattro(what happened Audi, where are your fun cars?)
Lancia Delta Integrale
Ferrari Daytona
Lamborghini Countach before anniversary edition, preferred the angular intakes
Lamborghini Miura, beautiful to look at, not so great to drive
Bugatti EB110, just because
Porsche 959 Sport edition not Comfort
The list goes on and on

I dreamed of having a big 4 door car with a huge, high horsepower, high performance motor that was reasonable in price, practical, and comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back