What do I do wtih a worn out ATV?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to get rid of it.

An 1996 Suzuki Quad Runner Utility ATV. 7k miles, broken in by two teenagers that never rode before... Carburetor is junk, broken bloat bracket, rear left axle half-shaft wobbling in the transmission, clutch is slipping, valve cover leaking, and seat is duct taped. After a days ride the exhaust valve tightens up, and the exhaust is shot with rust.

It's going to cost me over $1k to fix myself, probably over 2k after labor. What do I do with this clunker? I would like another ATV.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Sell it on Craigslist

Yep. Easy sell.

This part of Texas, ask $600 OBO ... and take $500

Too bad my dad isn't around any longer.
wink.gif
He would have taken it off your hands, and spent his waking hours rebuilding the darned thing from the ground up.

Ya sell it don't scrap it. Someone will fix it up just good enough to run it into the ground further.i can't imagine actually "restoring" that quad

Definitely Craigslist. I buy them all the time. I only buy Polaris and I don't really buy them to re-sale just a hobby.
Don't expect to get alot. I just bought a 1996 Polaris 400 Express that appears unmolested for $225.
Still I ve bought them for $100 or less. If they aren't too awful bad I fix them if not, they get cut up, usable parts go in the bin as a donor quad for other projects.
I had 23 quads at one time.
I sold off some of the herd.
I am down to 12 now with three of them as projects.
Somebody will buy them if nothing else as parts.

Facebook Yard Sale if it were mine. Craigslist is dead.

If you post it there on decent pages you will have 20 to 50 people wanting to 'trade'.. you may end up with a nice grill or patio set or something that you want/need.

You could probably get a decent riding mower out of that trade which will be easier to sell for cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back