09 Ford Fusion V6 Castrol Edge 0W20 for 10,000 MI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some may remember that I often talk about my parents 2009 Ford Fusion V6 having high miles and still running great. This Castrol oil and Fram Ultra filter was put in the car back in the middle of January when I did some maintenance and upkeep to there car. Mom asked me to change the oil on Mother's Day, oil had been in the sump for 4 months and 10,000 miles by then. She usually takes it to Ford Quick Lane every 5K to 7K. Car has 260,00 miles now. Report looks great!

Very nice looking report there.. numbers look extremely similar to what I was seeing with my 2010 prior to the valve issue. Keep up the good work on the car. Seems to me it should have lots of miles left.

Car looks great as well!

They went car shopping last weekend for small SUV's.......Ford Escape and Mazda CX-5 are on the radar right now. Sounds like they would be getting rid of two rusty junkers and keeping the Fusion.

very nice! I hope to have my car with that many miles still looking good as yours does. I have rashed up my mazdas wheels a bit and at 35k miles, have seen my fair share of stone chips too. I kinda like them. Makes it a road warrior.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Your uoa looks great!! The oil held perfect viscosity too. Is this Edge black bottle?

Yes sir, Black bottle Edge

Excellent UOA! These 3.0L engines wear amazing and are super reliable. My wife's has similar wear patterns to yours (although I'd say yours looks even better!). Fuel economy could be better, but I'd take long-term reliability over a bit better fuel economy anyway.
Link to my Fusion UOA

Mine doesn't have near the miles yours does (i'm still just under 100k), but it's never left me stranded. Just the normal wear and tear stuff... two batteries, brake pads (still original rotors), did a transmission flush at 60k, cooling system flush (Ford Gold Coolant is lame), spark plugs & PCV around 90k. My only issue was a weeping oil pan gasket, but that was earlier on and covered by powertrain warranty. Oh - and a squirrel that decided to use the under-hood insulation as nesting material in the valley of the engine... that was gross...

How old was this oil?

Castrol has changed the add-pack on Edge, this is older stuff...now is majority Ca detergent with no Mg.

Also there is no titanium in this oil, all Edge oils now use some.

Still, great results!

Wow! Great pictures of the repair job. I would have never guessed it went through that. Looks as good as new Dan which is a testament to your fine work!

Originally Posted By: addyguy
How old was this oil?

Castrol has changed the add-pack on Edge, this is older stuff...now is majority Ca detergent with no Mg.

Also there is no titanium in this oil, all Edge oils now use some.

Still, great results!

I do not remember how old this oil was, if it helps the jug said formerly Syntec.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Wow! Great pictures of the repair job. I would have never guessed it went through that. Looks as good as new Dan which is a testament to your fine work!

Thank you. I always try to do my best.

Good job!!

My 2.3L DuraTech holds strong too but I never bother to do oil test because its $40 sticker price, plus I'm changing it each 3K miles

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: miden851
Good job!!

My 2.3L DuraTech holds strong too but I never bother to do oil test because its $40 sticker price, plus I'm changing it each 3K miles

With my 2.3 Duratech I don't do UOAs either, and I do 10K OCIs.

This is the first UOA I have done on this car, just out of pure curiosity. Maybe I will do another UOA and see how the current fill, Mobil 1 AFE, did and see if I can get Tig1's panties in a bunch

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back