Video results of dirt down the intake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carbon is a lot softer than sand...that silicon is hard stuff...and will score the cylinder walls, etc. I don't think that carbon is nearly as bad...

That is a lot of dirt too! I found it interesting that the cylinder and piston would "re-seal" and quit burning as much oil after each spoonful of dirt. Maybe after one teaspoon you could've run it for a long time normally?

Love this guys stuff. Very straight forward and interesting stuff. Hoping he doesn't get swallowed by YouTube fame and goes the way of ETCG or ChrisFix.

He is really good. He tried Seafoam and got such a response, he started testing everything else. He actually shows the engine before and after, instead of just telling us it worked.

I'd like to see him repeat the test but with an oil filter attached to the block. I'm willing to bet that the engine will last MUCH longer with a filter cleaning the oil. Interesting nontheless.

Better filtration = better engine longevity

Lower filtration = lower engine longevity

It is why I go with OEM type filters with all my engines...even OPE.

Even with an oil filter the dirt goes into the cylinder does the damage and then the remainder goes out the exhaust. The oil getting dirty is the result of the dirt getting past the piston rings and circulated through the rest of the engine, getting stuck in all the nooks, crannies and bearings. Sure the oil filter removes a large portion of the dirt, but with a garbage air filter the onslaught of dirt getting in never stops.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Artem
I'd like to see him repeat the test but with an oil filter attached to the block. I'm willing to bet that the engine will last MUCH longer with a filter cleaning the oil. Interesting nontheless.

Doubtful. It would just save the rod bearings (Which is the connecting rod itself in this case) and the crank. Cause all that dirt still ends up getting ground between the piston and the cylinder bore.

Its been said before, and its true; the most important filter is the air filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back