Duplicated pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Often I will read a thread that indicates it has several pages, but when I read them it turns out page two is just a repeat of page one.
This seems to happen quite often, but only on the BITOG forum. Anyone else come across this?.

Claud.

I haven't seen that, but I have infrequently seen threads where a Page 2 is listed but that page is blank.

That I've seen, but the only time I see any sort of duplication at all is if I open a thread using "all" rather than a page, and then click on the last page, and find I already can see the last page, because I click on "all" in the first place.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Tegger
I haven't seen that, but I have infrequently seen threads where a Page 2 is listed but that page is blank.

I think this happens when the mods delete posts that violate the conduct rules of the forum. The page count stays the same but the content is no longer there.

Originally Posted By: Tegger

I've seen this in the thread "Investors....come in please!" in the General and Off Topic forum. If you see a post from me that says "test", that's why. Have not seen it anywhere else.

Strange, I went back to a thread that I had recently read, and it was no longer duplicated. Next time I come across one I'll flag it up.

Claud.

Originally Posted By: wwillson
Can you give an example?

The thread "Re: External transmission fluid coolers"
Page two simply duplicates the last two posts from page one.

Claud.

Originally Posted By: Claud
Originally Posted By: wwillson
Can you give an example?

The thread "Re: External transmission fluid coolers"
Page two simply duplicates the last two posts from page one.

Claud.

I am seeing two unique responses on page 2, no duplicates from page 1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back