Help with oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having problems finding oil filter alternatives for john deere z930m zero turn with kohler 25 horse motor. Napa crossed my original to 1356 but thread hole is to big. It will screw on but has alot of slack in it. Don't know original filter number but I'm working on it but knew I could get quick help here. Really would appreciate some numbers thrown out that is correct fit my mower. Fram,stp,etc i dont care just give me some numbers. All help appreciated .

OEM filter is a Fram PH8170, 2 1/2 inches tall

But a 3614 is an inch taller, 3 1/2, a 3600 twice as tall, nearly 5...

WIX 57035 or FRAM PH8170 are both listed as compatible with the Kohler 25HP EFI engine. The NAPA Gold part would be 7035. The Kawasaki engine uses a different part number - check the oil filter manufacturer sites for the full application guide. They are rarely incorrect.

Originally Posted By: jim302
The Kawasaki engine uses a different part number - check the oil filter manufacturer sites for the full application guide. They are rarely incorrect.

This is the way to handle it. Run your specific make and model at an application guide, and go from there. There are a lot more issues with cross referencing, especially a cross to a cross, than you'll ever come across checking a product guide properly.

Wix and Baldwin/Hastings have a large application guide that covers all kinds of OPE and commercial and agricultural equipment. They'll have your mower listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back