Bosch Distance Plus D3323 ~7k mi. Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one run one year, to 15%MM on Honda Accord with 5w30 PUP. Same results as two previous posted from same 11/09 lot. Got them ~$3.50 and this the last in the stash. Put ~28K miles on three of them including one run two oci to 13.5k miles. Replaced with a Napa Gold 7356, and M1 0W30 from an AZ year end closeout.

c78f8290-d499-41f6-a98d-a2ee7de87ea8.jpg

2f225170-9cb5-417f-8490-81443cee5db1.jpg

269ea5c3-5304-47d4-9bb3-4bb3f88a900c.jpg

fbc48ae2-f932-4fee-a503-7192eeb67807.jpg

Looks good. I always do 2 OCI's on every filter , on any car I own.

I don't like changing the oil filter if it can go to 15K miles.

I picked up a few D3422's on CLEARANCE at WM....I'll probably run 2 OCI's on each in my Escape...the D3422 is equivalent to the Fram 3600 and Motorcraft 400.

How did the filter look after 2 OCI's?

Good looking filter. older stock with still has holes instead of louvers.

Does anybody even sell the D+ anymore since Walmart clearance them out?
I have several in my filter stash. I have one on the brother in laws truck right now. Going for a short change since he has neglected it some.

I am debating using the ones I have for the Scion (an oversized filter for the engine, PH3600 size) for 2 drains (would be just over a year and 10,000 miles).

These filters should have no problem doing 10K in a reasonably clean engine....maybe even 15K.

As I did the first one could have run it twice, but as manufacture date indicates been in the stash awhile so decided to go new. When BD+ came out had an advertised holding capacity in low 30g. I doubt I'd come close to that in 3 ocis to 15k miles or more. The one run to 13.5k mi. almost three years, looked same as this one.

That said, if not for the price with the AAP oil/filter code glitch back in the day, likely would have never used one. Stout well made filter though, at least back when these were made.

Nice robust media on that one. I didn't realize that the media in the Distance+ filters was that thick. Good - Makes me feel even better about the 3422 I have on my Fusion.

Thanks for the C&P

thanks for the C/P
Happy to see someone else on this planet running X-30 in their Honda
I picked up half-a-dozen 3422s on WMT clearance for the neglected 2005 Camry sludge monster I'm working on-----30 g capacity & 99.9% at 40 mics = exactly what this car needs for 2K OCI as I don't think it is at the point where it can run a super efficient filter like the FU
Steve

Got so many BD's clearance - elected to open the D3402:

The potting looked very strong

My local store has a few of these for my truck at $3 each.

Do these have the traditional Purolator media or ADBV tearing issues?

The new one I cut open was easy to tear near the good potting. I tried this on a M1 but it was far tougher

Originally Posted By: Tony10s
Filter looks good ... Thank you for the C&P.

You're welcome.

As for BD+ media, around the time those in stash made, member river rat compared it to P1 and said media thicker than P1. My observation would agree and BD+ did advertise synthetic blend media. There's also a direct comparison by another member with pics confirming the media difference between BD+ and P1.

Outside of personal use, observation of posted anecdotes has shown the BD+ to have had generally solid results. Biggest negative imo was price as compared equivalent tier filters. So I'd assume not a big seller and now on clearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back