MG101-7 Cut Open 5,282 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
2011 Acura MDX 5282 miles did a long trip in Dec. rest was 5 day a week 39.4 mile rush hour highway traffic. Along with mult 2 mile short trippin. Had Pennzoil Platinum Ultra 5w20

Last edited:
Looks very good. What filter did you replace it with ?

Thanks for c&p
smile.gif

This oil change will be my first one i send off to the lab. From there will adjust my OCI.

Originally Posted By: Brolly

What is the disc made of? I heard its no longer the old plastic teflon material. Does it appear to be kind of a fiberous gauze patty? ... Sausage patty maybe?
smirk.gif

Originally Posted By: Brolly
It did have a fiber feel to it.
Sounds like they went to a tight glass fiber gauze, similar to what Fram Ultra uses for their main media (although not as tight on the Ultra main media of course).
I'd bet the new glass fiber one holds more than the sintered teflon discs did.

Originally Posted By: bandz7
When are they usually 50% off? July 4???

I think they lowered the price slightly and quit doing 50% off sales. They are around 10.99 on amazon.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Originally Posted By: bandz7
When are they usually 50% off? July 4???

I think they lowered the price slightly and quit doing 50% off sales. They are around 10.99 on amazon.

I did see the prices on amazon and thought they used to be around $15. Thanks for the info!

thanks for the C/P, both of your filter pics/post mention rush-hour Oklahoma traffic-> let's get real here, how much of a traffic jam could there be in OK---even if all of the cars in the state were on the road at the same time?
LA--now there's a daily rush hour stop & go, which lasts all day long, and much of the evening as well
Steve

Originally Posted By: steve20
thanks for the C/P, both of your filter pics/post mention rush-hour Oklahoma traffic-> let's get real here, how much of a traffic jam could there be in OK---even if all of the cars in the state were on the road at the same time?
LA--now there's a daily rush hour stop & go, which lasts all day long, and much of the evening as well
Steve

Sigh......

There are times in the month that it can take me 1.5hrs to get 19miles. This maybe nothing to your experience or daily driving but your comment was not needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back