You can't judge a book by its cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at the faces of the three men who stood up to the knife wielding attacker on that Portland train and I was stuck by their different looks. "You can't judge a book by its cover" floated through my mind. When faced with evil and immediate peril, they stood with courage, valor and bravery.

I am reminded to be grateful for the good people in this world.
Peace be with them. Peace be with their families and friends.

Each of them a hero in their own right. I hope people continue to stand up in the face of such bigotry, and aren't fearful of this happening to them.

Well said Gentlemen.

On that train, we saw both what is worst and what is best in our country.

I can't imagine what the friends and families of these heroes are going through.

Originally Posted By: CharlieBauer
Well said Gentlemen.

On that train, we saw both what is worst and what is best in our country.

I can't imagine what the friends and families of these heroes are going through.

Well said. Sending prayers up for their families and friends, and for the young man, Micah Fletcher, who survived and is recovering. Praying for a complete recovery for him. From what I read, Micah is someone who has always believed in standing up for others, and he did it once again ... this time putting his life on the line to defend others. What he and the other two men did was brave, selfless, full of love and faith, ... not enough words to describe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back