paint colors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a tendency to buy black cars, always have. Easy to color-match if they get damaged, look good when they are clean, chrome trim "pops" against the dark paint.

I do, however, miss some of the other colored cars I've owned. Probably the wildest/most 1970s was a gray-market Mercedes 450SE, cypress green with saffron velour...so in effect it was granny-smith apple green with yellow velour seats...not the staid, boring colors you would see on most US market MB cars. Had a dark green VW Cabriolet with a white top, a SAAB 900s in malachite green with puma cloth...light mossy green with tan mousefur upholstery.

I realize silver/black/white are safe color choices, but I do miss the wild colors you'd see in the past.

What is the brightest/wildest/weirdest color combination you've owned?

Purple AMC Gremlin. Yes sir, there was a vehicle.
smile.gif

Im pretty boring. Ive had mercedes metallic blue black, mercedes orient red, silver and white. My latest car is called titanium flash and I like it.

Fan of desert sage metallic, but every car has its' color, so can't say one is best.

Green 1977 Buick century with green vinyl seats. I look at my parking lot at work an 95% of the cars are white, black, or silver or gray. A few red and one green car.

Only car I've acquired with any choice in the color was my '13 Cruze - used the website tool to build what I wanted, then had my local dealership see how close they could get to it in their network inventory. Possibly the most common exterior color (Crystal Red tincoat) with one of the rarest interiors, red/black cloth.

124_6237_zps1a564909.jpg

124_6224_zpsff0b3393.jpg

Last edited:
I had a 70 Maverick and the color was Anti-Establish Mint.

Originally Posted By: E150GT
Im pretty boring. Ive had mercedes metallic blue black, mercedes orient red, silver and white. My latest car is called titanium flash and I like it.

My least favorite car color is silver although it hides dirt well....silver cars blend into the road and are sometimes harder to see, IMO. Ironically, I like beige/gold cars.

Black is my second least favorite color...reminds me of a hearse.

I usually buy white cars because they cool off faster in summer and look good, IMO.

I like red but am a little tired of maroon because I've had several.

I like the blue color of my wife's 2016 Escape and it's easy to see while driving.

That 'titanium flash' is very rich looking on the Mazda6...I'd probably get it or my standby white.

How do you like the stick shifted Mazda6? I love that car in that color with the manual transmission. It's on my wish list? What MPG are you getting?

Originally Posted By: pbm
Originally Posted By: E150GT

My least favorite car color is silver although it hides dirt well....silver cars blend into the road and are sometimes harder to see, IMO. Ironically, I like beige/gold cars.

Black is my second least favorite color...reminds me of a hearse.

I usually buy white cars because they cool off faster in summer and look good, IMO.

I like red but am a little tired of maroon because I've had several.

I like the blue color of my wife's 2016 Escape and it's easy to see while driving.

That 'titanium flash' is very rich looking on the Mazda6...I'd probably get it or my standby white.

How do you like the stick shifted Mazda6? I love that car in that color with the manual transmission. It's on my wish list? What MPG are you getting?

The titanium flash looks good and its quite similar to my brothers old 2006 M5 in a sort of copper color. It wasn't my first choice but that was the only manual mazda 6 touring on the lot. Im glad I got it though. I love the manual. I did get a short shift plate and a nice leather boot from redline goods to replace the [censored] vinyl boot. As for economy I get about 31 in my mixed driving, but that almost always includes some form of idling while I am working. I really hypermiled it once on a road trip and got 43 mpg, but that was tough. I can get about 38 reasonably easy on a road trip if I don't go too fast. My only complaint about the car is I can't get a sunroof with a manual transmission. Otherwise, I believe it would be just about perfect.

I haven't really had any cars with flashy wild paint. I once had a gold 97' Camry that the previous owner had the cheapest paint job done on it. It looked pretty bad, almost like it was painted with a roller.

I will never have a black car again. Too hot in the summer and it's always filthy.

My Jeep is white, wouldn't have it any other color, hides dirt and scratches very well. The Camry is maroon, is faded on the roof and trunk lid.

My Sonata is the nicest color car I've had, its a nice blue called "nouveau blue".

I loved the color of my 98 Firebird Formula that I bought brand new. It was called Blue/Green Chameleon, so as you walked around the car you could see the color shift from blue to green and it even had a hint of purple in it. Very cool for a factory paint job!

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
Purple AMC Gremlin. Yes sir, there was a vehicle.
smile.gif

My late grandfather bought a brand new 74 Gremlin...purple with black vinyl, 3 speed on the floor, dog dish hubcaps on black steel wheels. Not to be topped, by father bought a new 75 Gremlin, orange with a multi-tone tan stripe kit and tan vinyl interior. He sprung for full wheelcovers and automatic transmission.

Wowee, there are very few cars that Magenta looks good on, but the TR6 is surely one of them!

A friend of my wife's came over the other night showing off her Habanero Orange VW Beetle convertible...that was a bright, pearl color that really pops.

Originally Posted By: Alex_V
Only car I've acquired with any choice in the color was my '13 Cruze - used the website tool to build what I wanted, then had my local dealership see how close they could get to it in their network inventory. Possibly the most common exterior color (Crystal Red tincoat) with one of the rarest interiors, red/black cloth.

I like it !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back