1999 Camry CE Bosch filter 3600 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
3600 rush hour traffic with occ short trips Pennzoil Platinum HM 5w-30

Replaced with MG 101 and A cocktail of oil

While the filter did it's job over this seemingly short interval, I would guess there might be an issue with a few more miles in service. I sometimes forget that engine state of tune and driving conditions can have an impact on the amount of dirt generated.

Thank you for this enlightening post.

Since bought in 2001 the oil change interval has been 4000-5000 mile intervals. I admit this one was shorter than before

These engines are known for being sludge machine expecially the 6 cylinders. This was the 2nd change with pennzoil platinum line. When i took ownership it had unknown oil in it. 1st time OC with me was with PPU then the PPHM. So maybe the PP line helped free some gunk up. We will see the next time what it looks like with the cocktail mix.

Looks like it did a nice job in there. Have you ever considered a summer run of an HDEO to help do some extra cleaning? Personally I do this with 20-25% MMO to the mix for good measure. Deepening on the vehicle, I may do it once a year or once every two years. Just a thought.

The bypass valve is off center a little. If it is raised up on one edge as it looks to be, it may have been leaking the whole time. On an 02 camry v6 I heard stories about sludge monster and was worried. When I replaced the valve cover gaskets the top end was beautiful at about 130k miles. Not a trace of sludge.

Yeah it sure is dark.. As charcoal
smile.gif
At least the filter held up good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back