Purolator Boss PBL22500 - Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMC

This filter was taken from a 2011 Chevy Silverado 1500. 5.3L V8. It was run for 5500 miles and 13 months.

Everything was well made. The pleats and glue job were perfect. No tearing or stretching of the media. If you are going to buy these filters, I recommend you look inside first and make sure all of the louvers you can see are punched wide open; like you see in this one below (poor lighting, sorry).

I am currently trying a Fram Ultra but usually use a Napa Gold. Anyways, here are the pics:

Originally Posted By: Dyusik
Temptingly good looking, but won't see me with one. Thanks for the C&P!

My thoughts exactly. I'm done with them. OP thanks for the pics.

Based on the information provided and the pics, I'd say you got a good one. Louvers look good too, good advice to check prior if buying. I know you didn't mention it but curious, did you find any slits in the adbv on the baseplate side? M&H's newer adbv/baseplate design appears to lend itself to that occurrence in some applications.

Can't go wrong with your replacement or usual choice either, ime.

Thanks for c&p.

You usually use Napa Gold, but you're trying Fram Ultra now. Why not Napa Platinum?
smile.gif

Does Wix/Napa have louvers or round holes for your application?

Sayjac - No slits or damage to the adbv or anything else.

Slacktide - This is the first filter I have used with louvers. Wix filters all have round holes as far as I know.

I don't bother with the wix or Napa platinum because I don't run my filters longer than a year or 7500 miles, usually 5k miles.

Originally Posted By: AMC

I don't bother with the wix or Napa platinum because I don't run my filters longer than a year or 7500 miles, usually 5k miles.

Then why the Ultra?
The Fram Tough Guard is equal to the regular Wix/NAPA Gold. It is made for 10,000 mile OCI.
The Ultra is a 15,000 mile filter (soon to be 20,000 per the rumor mill), so is in the same class as the Platinum.

This Boss looks good though, but as others have said, I am done with Puro made filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back