prestone all makes all models ,and valvaline asian

Status
Not open for further replies.
any problems if these two get mixed ?have a 2010 hyundia accent with 109,000 miles. 50 ,000 miles ago did enuff drain and fill with prestone all makes all models to get 1 gallon in it ,did not know about the 2-eha that asian cars dont like ,so it has FF and prestone in it now .found some valvaline asian blend for hyundia toyota ect. will drain and fill enuff to get 2 gallon in it ,any problem with the 2 mixing?

Originally Posted By: E150GT
I personally wouldn't mix anything

I agree. In your situation, I'd flush out all the old stuff with distilled water and then add Rechochem Asian concentrate from Pep Boys until you get a ~50/50 mix.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mclasser
Originally Posted By: E150GT
I personally wouldn't mix anything

I agree. In your situation, I'd flush out all the old stuff with distilled water and then add Rechochem Asian concentrate from Pep Boys until you get a ~50/50 mix.

+1.

It is a little tedious but three fill/runflush will get the heater core diluted down enough. Then fill with proper coolant.

I will mix oils all day long too. I just don't mess around with coolants. just today I bought 12 gallons of distilled water and went to town flushing my truck's cooling system.. I have half a gallon left. I'll save that for my battery.

It looks like this is one of the few cars left that uses old school "green" coolant. Check the owners manual or the dealer to confirm. If your owners manual has this it is old school green.
Quote:
Use only high quality, aluminum compatible, ethylene glycol antifreeze that conforms to SAEJ1034/ASTMD3306 specifications with high anhydrous sodium silicate content

There are a few ways to do this but here is how I would go about getting all the old stuff out and a nice clean uncontaminated fill.
Drain the radiator.
Remove the lower radiator hose.
Remove the heater core hoses from which ever end is easiest.
Open the block drain if possible.
Remove the thermostat (now would be a good time to change it).

Use a garden hose with no nozzle to flush everything out of the radiator, block and core.
Pour a gallon of distilled water down the radiator, block from the thermostat housing and heater core, blow out or drain as much as possible, fill the core with 50/50 coolant reconnect hoses and close the drains, leave the thermostat out and housing off.

Fill 50/50 coolant in the radiator until you see fresh coolant coming out of the thermostat opening, the heavier coolant will push the water out first.
Once you see coolant put the thermostat back in and continue filling, it should be a 50/50 mix throughout the system if not just drain some out of the radiator and fill until it is.

For some reason they recommend a high silicate coolant maybe someone knows why they would recommend this more abrasive coolant but I wouldn't mix anything with green coolant. The Zerex Asian formula should be fine in this engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back