Rassen Frassen Zama C1U K54 carb.clone

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for 18$ I bought a ? replacement. I have messed with the 2 carbs for maybe 12 hrs so far. Given myself a headache from staring at the screen reading and watching How tos. The fuel flow relies on pulse and vacuum from the engine. The primer only draws fresh gas into the carb. The problem I'm having is that there no fuel flow through the carb . My studies point toward 2 check valves that direct the fuel . A brass? piece with a spring loaded ball . Pulse or vacuum overcomes the the springs and gas flows. Tiny little parts. A tiny coil spring and a steel ball. Stuck fast in the ferrule. Wouldn't take much to booger up. The new carb is devoid of any markings that the original carb has. So it is not a genuine Zama, which is a knock off of a Walbro carb Caveat emptor, Yah I know.
laugh.gif

It sounds stupid, but I had the same problem. I reversed the two fuel lines, and it works great. I got my Mantis for free last fall, and I've put so much money, time, and swearing into it, that I can't help but love it when I works right. Just this afternoon I snapped one of the little screws holding the cover for the gearbox. But it's okay.

Oh, and I'm on my second Chinese carb, too. The first one didn't last long at all, and never really worked right in the first place.

Yah I know about the fuel lines, I learned that replacing the carb on the Husqavarna 322 weed wacker.
laugh.gif

I'm fighting 2 Mantis, myself. Can get them to run more that a few seconds. I know its not carburation. But I'm not sure its a week coil. Or, crank seals. Check the screen on the muffler. If plugged, it can cause running issues.

I just sent the HIPA carb and fuel lines back. Last night, I ordered another clone from Amazon, a HUZTL. I've gotten very fast with R+R'ing the carb, sub 5 minutes. I'm tempted to store the carb in a jar of Tru-fuel when not in use. Mebbe I can drain a pump hose down at the airport
grin2.gif

Thanks for the tip on checking the muffler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back