Favorite cleaning oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19
Originally Posted By: car51
HDEO

+1.

/thread

DELO SAE 30 is what I like or DELO XLE 10w30. I won't ever touch Rotella again after they changed stuff over to CK4 and dropped SN spec

So a dual gas/diesel rated HDEO? I saw rotella 15w-40 suggested in another thread. It no longer is SN rated. Will it make my engine blow up or do anything bad to the motor? I think they dropped SN to keep more phosphorus?

Originally Posted By: spasm3
+3 Hdeo, I also like mobil 1 high mileage, but HDEO costs less.

I have used Delvac, Rotella, and m1 hm quite a bit. I get better results with the M1. With the biannual rebates (currently on a few more days), it is always cheaper than standard hdeo.

An additive in the crank run statically before changing will tubocharge the results.

Originally Posted By: SilverFusion2010
So a dual gas/diesel rated HDEO? I saw rotella 15w-40 suggested in another thread. It no longer is SN rated. Will it make my engine blow up or do anything bad to the motor? I think they dropped SN to keep more phosphorus?

They dropped SN cause they want it to be for the diesel market IMO

Chevron Delo XLE 10w30, 15w40 is CK4/SN
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: car51
Originally Posted By: SilverFusion2010

They dropped SN cause they want it to be for the diesel market IMO

Chevron Delo XLE 10w30, 15w40 is CK4/SN
wink.gif

I just want the cleaning action. The most aggressive oil. Is there a good engine flush that isn't snake oil on the market?

Any HDEO mono-grade SAE 30 preferably SAE 40 especially for ring zone deposits. DELO 400 SAE 40 looks just about right, but their 15W30 might work just as well for those afraid of a thicker oil.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: userfriendly
Any HDEO mono-grade SAE 30 preferably SAE 40 especially for ring zone deposits. DELO 400 SAE 40 looks just about right, but their 15W30 might work just as well for those afraid of a thicker oil.

Why the monogrades?

For their cleaning action at the molecular level, instead of relying on solvents as in engine flush products or detergents in motor oil.
Also the NOACK is very low with high flash point engine oils which prevent piston deposits from forming in the 1st place.

This engine was sludged up a bit from being a rental car previously... Tried every synthetic that was known for good cleaning abilities - Rotella, Delo, Mobil 1, Pennzoil, etc. Marvel Mystery oil in the crankcase helped me reduce the oil consumption from 1qt/100mi to 1qt/5k miles. As far as cleaning - none of the oils cleaned any of this sludge over thousands of miles, so I sold the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back