Ecopia with a front bulge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have them on my Chrysler. They ride nice, but are wearing terribly. I doubt I will get 25K miles out of them.

As to the door pressure, that only applies to the stock tires. Once you change the tires to non-OEM, the door pressure is only a guideline. You could put 2 ply bias ply tires or 8 ply radials on it. The manufacturer spec is for the EXACT tires that came on the car when new. If the door calls for 33 PSI, try 3-5 PSI over for a month or so, and see how it handles.

Originally Posted By: mightymousetech
Don't try and "fix" it if is not broken. You may be making it worse. Remember, the higher the pressure, the smaller the contact patch.

My own car calls for 36 front, 42 rear. I run 35 at all four corners for best performance.

The higher the pressure, the better the car handles (within reason) ON A STREET CAR.

You are not getting "best performance" by running your rear tires 7 PSI under spec.

Originally Posted By: gaijinnv
Originally Posted By: nicholas
215 / 50 / 17 size

Those tires on your 2006 Accord V6 should be inflated to 32psi Front / 29psi Rear when cold.

As others have said, as long as they hold air ther's nothing to worry about.

HTH

That sounds about right. I have a 2007 Accord sedan with a V6. I raise the pressure in the rears (to about 32 psi) when I'm carrying heavy stuff in the trunk on a long trip.

The front tires do "bulge" more than the rears. I'm well into my second set of tires and with these pressures they're wearing quite evenly.

Originally Posted By: KitaCam
I keep coming back here to see pix...why no pix?

I like pics as much as the next guy, maybe even more, but I would not trust a pic to provide any meaningful info in this case.

OP stated he was running his tires at pressures consistent with the door jamb sticker on his 2006 Accord V6 and that when measured, the pressures were "within spec.":

When all 4 tires are door pressure psi - 33-34psi. Only the front tires look like they are very low, they have a noticeable bulge. I have checked and they pressure is within spec.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these tires.
on a 2006 accord v6.

OP then further clarified by providing the tire size:

215 / 50 / 17 size

There are already several problems with the premise established by these statements.

The door placard pressures specified by the manufacturer for the P215/50R17XL 93V tires are 32psi Front / 29psi Rear.

It is, therefore, not possible for the "33-34psi" to be the door placard specified pressure as stated by the OP. Further, since the OP apparently does not know what the spec is, it is not possible for him to have checked the pressures and found them to be "within spec."

Given this faulty premise, I do not beleive a pic would do anything but raise even more questions, such as, "How did you measure the tire pressure?" Or "Did you measure the tire pressure when the tires were cold?"

But, hey, if the OP has a pic to post, let's see it. Maybe it will look like this:

low-tire-pressure_zpsqzrjjaby.jpg

HTH

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Originally Posted By: mightymousetech
Don't try and "fix" it if is not broken. You may be making it worse. Remember, the higher the pressure, the smaller the contact patch.

My own car calls for 36 front, 42 rear. I run 35 at all four corners for best performance.

The higher the pressure, the better the car handles (within reason) ON A STREET CAR.

That is not necessarily true at all. People think that because the turn in is sharper, it handles better. That is also not true.

The only way to know for sure is to actually take tire temps across the face of the tire and see if the entire contact patch is being used.

Last edited:
Well....yes...but....
On another forum someone complained that the car's ride was mushy, and only after we asked some questions did OP mention that the tires were worn much more on the shoulders than in the center...
I'd say that THOSE tires would ride better with a higher PSI...whether or not they were inflated to the door-jamb specs...though I doubt THAT.

Originally Posted By: KitaCam
Well....yes...but....
On another forum someone complained that the car's ride was mushy, and only after we asked some questions did OP mention that the tires were worn much more on the shoulders than in the center...
I'd say that THOSE tires would ride better with a higher PSI...whether or not they were inflated to the door-jamb specs...though I doubt THAT.

Absolutely agree there

Thanks for the feedback everyone - I herd back from bridgestone -
everything is okalee-dokalee.

Take care
nk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back