Ecore nut is self-aligning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently installed an acdelco pf48. The base plate nut did not look flat with the base plate. The filter doesn't leak so I assume the nut self-aligned when I tightened the filter.

I presume others would have returned or exchanged a filter that looked like this one, but it worked out OK this time.

I'll admit not quite sure what you're saying, but here's some info about ecore baseplates.

Ecores have an auxiliary baseplate. It sits above/outside the baseplate that seals with the adbv. That's why one can't see the adbv many times unless you inspect very closely. The purpose of the plate is to make installation easier in hard to see applications. At least that was the advertising for it when the ecore came out. Imo, it does help as opposed to applications where the filter thread boss protrudes and has no bevel to it. Some of the smaller fram applications like the 7317 use the latter design. Without the auxiliary plate, ecores would be the same.

Jorton - perhaps the linked virgin oil filter cut & post will help our understanding.

1. This plate is the bottom of the can with 8 inlet holes.
2. It has a groove to retain the gasket.
3. A sealant is applied between the bottom of the can and the tapping plate and then likely spot welded.
4. Photos 3,4 and 5 show the pieces we are discussing.

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthr..._cu#Post4030026

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back