101st Indianapolis 500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red flag at lap 55 for an absolutely spectacular crash with Jay Howard hitting the outside wall and moving across the track and Scott Dixon going airborne and hitting the inside catch fence. Thankfully they both walked away. The Holmatro Safety Team was moving from their locations during the accident.

Fernando Alonso is leading and has been showing amazing speed and car control.

I think it has been an absolutely fantastic race so far. I have the IMS radio feed on my laptop and it is maybe 30 seconds ahead. They called it and then said the drivers were moving before TV displayed the yellow.

The camera footage on Helio's roll hoop showing him drive under Scott's car was amazing.

Conor Daly crashed out after trying to make a pass on the outside on Charlie Kimball. He is walking to the safety vehicle. Miss what happened to Jack Harvey's car.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
The camera footage on Helio's roll hoop showing him drive under Scott's car was amazing.

Is there a forward-facing view on his car? That angle must be nuts.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder

It is a 360 camera so they had it pointed to the rear at the time of the accident. There was one on Scott Dixon's car that was facing forward.

Buddy Lazier crashed. Lucky break for Helio's fuel strategy and for James Davison who had a broken wing and was being black flagged.

Lap 138 and Hunter-Reay went kablamo. First Honda engine failure today after losing a number in practice and qualifying. Sounded like when Hinchcliffe's let go on Carb Day.

They were just 5 wide on the back stretch going into turn 3 and all made it through. I saw them do that at Fontana where there actually is room for it and it was scary then.

Lol mclaren honda blows up again... poor Alonso...
shocked.gif

And the "big one" Hinch, Servia, Davison, Power, and Newgarden involved. Newgarden might be able to continue, not sure. This will be an absolute shootout when it goes green again.

Well, with Alonso out my wife has stopped watching the race. She likes the swarthy Mediterranean types, muy especially Fur-nonnndo (inflection mine). Too bad I'm half Irish and half German.

My Grandmother said our only two defining characteristics with this mix is that every 20 years or so we all get drunk at a wake and decide to take over Ze Vorld! Grandma was feisty.

Takuma Sato does a great job passing and holding off Castroneves for the win. The F1 driver that no-one was betting on pulled off the win. Great race, absolutely great race.

Originally Posted By: DeepFriar
Well, with Alonso out my wife has stopped watching the race. She likes the swarthy Mediterranean types, muy especially Fur-nonnndo (inflection mine). Too bad I'm half Irish and half German.

My wife likes him because she reckons he looks like Super-Mario. I cannot believe he was let down *again* by a Honda.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder

It is a 360 camera so they had it pointed to the rear at the time of the accident. There was one on Scott Dixon's car that was facing forward.

Oh, that's right. Good point.

Didn't he have a camera pod above his right-rear wheel that was facing forward or was that something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back