Which tire shine product to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the recommendations in this thread, I tried the Surf City product for the first time - and I'm impressed!

I'm more of matte finish guy, so a thin coat works well, and really darkens the tires. Even after many miles of driving in light rain - the product is depleted - but still looking better that many others I have tried. A light re-coat after the next wash should work great!

Thanks!!!

I have been using this product for 2 years and love it. I apply it with a small sponge then store the sponge in a ziplock bag. This product holds up well and the bottle seems to last forever. It only takes a small dab to do each tire.

Sonax Tire Gloss Gel

I tried Megs nxt insane shine, was great but doesnt last. Next im trying megs endurance. I usually just clean them with an eagle one foaming tire/wheel cleaner and dont bother..just because nothing ive tried lasts long enough to make it worthwhile.

Late to the party on this (yet again, lol), but I've been using this for about 3 years and love it!

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/meguiars-all-season-tire-and-trim-dressing.html#.WSrAK8a1u70

It looks expensive, but like I said I've had the same gallon for about 3 years. It works great for plastic trim as well, and if applied right won't steak off in the rain. Speaking of rain, it typically last a couple rains for me. I apply it to the tires with an old microfiber rag. Couple coats and you're good to go! Never had an issue with cracking in the tires, but I don't apply it every week or wash either. I typically use it if I'm feeling lazy and don't want to get the tires 100%. Apply some of it and they look new.

I too have pretty much given up on tire shine as I've had little luck. I tried many over the years but they all seemed to collect dirt promote tire bloom even if buffed off really well. Years ago, I tried Forever Black Tire Gel and it was OK. Now I just scrub them liberally with a soft bristle brush and a few drops of Dawn detergent at each car washing. They stay a nice flat black. That said, the last time I washed - about a week ago, I put about 3 coats of Klasse Sealant Glaze on them and hand polished as I was getting ready to toss a microfiber application pad. A week in and they look good. I'm not going to keep applying as I'm not sure they wouldn't start to develop a white haze as the product builds up. I have found that if I take the time to wash them at each car washing, they stay pretty clean and black.

I keep it simple. Turtle Wax Wet and Black Tire Shine does a good job doing what I want. Pick it up at Walmart for less than $4. Alot of people thumb their noses up at Turtle Wax products, but some work well and are good values.

I've never been much for tire dressings,but whatever the dealership used on my Accord's tires I really like. It didn't "soak in" and permeate the tire,it just coated it which looked really nice. Survived a rain and two washings and never "dried out" like so many of them do. I wonder what they used?

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I've never been much for tire dressings,but whatever the dealership used on my Accord's tires I really like. It didn't "soak in" and permeate the tire,it just coated it which looked really nice. Survived a rain and two washings and never "dried out" like so many of them do. I wonder what they used?

Probably a cheap oil based silicone product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back