Best spray wax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone in this thread is, or said they do. It's an added bonus when you find a quality product that is pleasant to work with. Sonax Full Effect wheel cleaner, smells awful, works great; I keep it around because it's the best and use it if I must. Adam's tire shine, smells great, works great; I keep it around because it works great but I also enjoy applying it.

Originally Posted By: grampi

I'd take a bad smelling product that works well over a good smelling one that doesn't any day of the week!

This!

Last edited:
I've used Eagle One's Wax As You Dry and Superior Nanowax many times after washing - especially after automated car washes if I opt of out of their "wax" treatment. I feel in this case, anything is better than nothing.

I want to try out Griot's iteration on it.

Meguiar's D156/Ultimate Quik Wax is impossible to beat for its price, ease-of-use and availability.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Meguiar's D156/Ultimate Quik Wax is impossible to beat for its price, ease-of-use and availability.

thumbsup2.gif
I recently tried it and found it to be pretty good, when I'm looking to do something quick.

Originally Posted By: The Critic

Yes. Spray it on a wet car after you washed it and before you dry it.

Seeing the comments here and then reading overwhelmingly positive user reviews, I am intrigued by D156 so I just bought some.

Out of curiosity, does anyone dilute it or just use full strength? (if you can spray it on a wet car I'm assuming it could be diluted)

Originally Posted By: gofast182
Seeing the comments here and then reading overwhelmingly positive user reviews, I am intrigued by D156 so I just bought some.

Out of curiosity, does anyone dilute it or just use full strength? (if you can spray it on a wet car I'm assuming it could be diluted)

I have done both, and I find that it seems to work quite well diluted when I use it regularly as a topper. Since I tend to wash (or at least waterless wash) my car often - every weekend or two - following each wash with a spray of D156 just basically tops up the existing coat. Water still beads each and every time, and there's still good slickness.

Mind you, I don't dilute it MUCH - Maybe 6-8oz. of water to 16 oz. of D156. Just helps stretch it out some.

Originally Posted By: gofast182

I buy it 5 gallons at a time and it is so cheap I see no need to dilute it. If it was hard to use undiluted, then maybe, but it is quite a simple spray sealant that leaves no streaking unless used in the sun. I also use in on interiors where it works great.

Optimum car wax or optiseal. Both can be used as drying aids. Meguiar's sealants attract a lot of dust in my experience... Including D156.

It's great for interiors or around the house. Still prefer optiseal.

Eagle One Wax as you dry is one of the best if not the best when it comes to long lasting durability. See my thread I just posted on how long it lasted.

Used my Meguiar's D156 for the first time yesterday. Overall it worked pretty well. It's going to be a bit of an adjustment as I sometimes dry the car with a leaf blower and barely touch the finish with my chamois. With the D156 you need to touch the whole car with the chamois and if you miss a spot that looks dry, you'll see spots from the D156.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
I use Eagle One "Wax As You Dry".

I've been using the Meguiar's UQW (Consumer version of D156) on top of Nu Finish with great results. It doesn't seem to distrub the coat of NuFinish under it (which has had unmatched durability for me in consumer grade products).

I have been thinking about trying the Eagle One product this summer, when I tend to wash my car more than once every two months. It would be nice to get a carnauba shine. Are you happy with the product's ease of use?

Originally Posted By: Malo83
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Slightly OT but I think it fits in here. What happens when you use a spray wax, and then a week later you decide to do a real wax job? Aside from washing the car is there any additional prep work required in order to get a good bond from the wax since a spray wax was used? I'm not a fan of over doing it with polish, cleaner waxes, or clay unless it is needed. Thanks!

No, spray wax is weak compared to a true wax, I wax over with no prior prep and get Xcellent results with the paste wax
cheers3.gif

It is obvious that you have never used Optimum Spray Wax. It is far from weak and outlasts the vast majority of paste waxes.

Based upon input from this thread, I'm going to try some D156.

Currently I use Ice spray between "real" wax applications.

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
Originally Posted By: Malo83
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Slightly OT but I think it fits in here. What happens when you use a spray wax, and then a week later you decide to do a real wax job? Aside from washing the car is there any additional prep work required in order to get a good bond from the wax since a spray wax was used? I'm not a fan of over doing it with polish, cleaner waxes, or clay unless it is needed. Thanks!

No, spray wax is weak compared to a true wax, I wax over with no prior prep and get Xcellent results with the paste wax
cheers3.gif

It is obvious that you have never used Optimum Spray Wax. It is far from weak and outlasts the vast majority of paste waxes.

I have to get that a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back