Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck! I'd swing by if I was close but I'm in Portland ME at the moment....

Originally Posted By: Mathew_Boss
Anyone close to downs Kansas with a 4 wheel drive want to make $100 to pull my father-in-law and me out of the mud?

It's a farming community. I would assume some farmer with a tractor and a chain could help you out for $100.

Reminds me of a pal stuck in snow in a fall hunt wayyyy up north used a nearly dead cell phone to call the
cops from a tree stand (to get enough signal)

worked out ok

We were rescued and we are at our hotel for the night. Thanks for bumping the thread and giving advice. Greatly appreciated. I will upload pics when I get home.

Truck and tires seriously over matched..
even looking at the mud hole on approach you must have known the outcome was hopeless.
none the less i'm sure it was an adventure and fun before you bottomed out.

My dad used to say, "four wheel drive just gets you stuck deeper in the woods..."

P.S. Those look like street performance tires?

I haven't seen one that bad in years, since my own goof.
wink.gif

I was cultivating a field for my dad and went into a low spot that was dry up top, wet underneath, got royally stuck. He had to bring the other tractor to get me out. The next day, doing more field work, he drops me off in the old 1951 Chev truck, back at the tractor. On my way out, he warns me not to get stuck. Of course, I'm annoyed, get in the tractor and get on my way. I hadn't made one round of the field, and he's waving at me.

He got the Chev truck stuck a little deeper than you did in your pictures. I asked him what he told me when I got out of the truck, because I couldn't remember what it was, but it must have been important.
whistle.gif

This is probably how the OP and FIL got suckered.
From the pictures, the mud hole doesn't look that bad.
Just carry a little momentum, keep your foot down and we'll be right through it.
Not!

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Good luck! I'd swing by if I was close but I'm in Portland ME at the moment....

I'm in a ditch too!
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back