Harvest King All-Fleet 15W-40 VOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a VOA I had run on Harvest King All-Fleet 15W-40. This oil is on Ford's WSS-M2C171-F1 approval list. CITGO provided me an MSDS for this oil, confirming to me that they are the manufacturer. I plan on using it in an AMC 360 V8 with flat tappets that I'm mostly concerned about the potential for fuel dilution from it being carbureted. I have previously used Rotella T and Chevron Delo 400LE 15W-40 in this engine. The price of Harvest King is currently $12 for 2 gallons or $8 for 1 gallon at my local Rural King.

When looking at VOAs and UOAs, what do the viscosity values tell me. On this UOA one viscosity at 210° the value is 77.8 while the viscosity at 100° is 14.98. If I was looking for a thicker oil, which values between oils should I compare? Thanks.

Worth the price but nothing special.
Store brand oils are typically value priced and typically have pretty weak add packs.
This is but one example.
Still, at six bucks a gallon, it's not as though you'd need to run long drains to get your money out of it.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Worth the price but nothing special.
Store brand oils are typically value priced and typically have pretty weak add packs.
This is but one example.
Still, at six bucks a gallon, it's not as though you'd need to run long drains to get your money out of it.

You are probably right but I recall Chris142 having ST 15w40 in his Peterbuikt for like 2+ years and it was doing well
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Linctex
I would suspect that Super Tech 15W-40 comes from the same source.

Supertech, Traveller, Lubriguard are from WPP, Warren Performance Products, not Citgo.
PQIA says they are fine.
Thanks OP for the VOA.

Looks good to me, TBN of 8.7, Zinc at ~1100 ppm, and a touch of Moly at ~ 40ppm. With a KV100 of ~ 15 cSt, its at the thick end for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back