Where part store parts are made and by who

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is country or origin even an accurate representation of part quality these days? IMO, it's the part spec that's important, not country of origin. Country of origin is just a legal requirement for sold parts to display, but part spec is almost never disclosed. The same marketed "premium" Moog part could have different countries of origin depending on application.

There's just so much reboxing that happens nowadays that it feels impossible to know.

I haul Chinese made components that come in on containers to the Chicago area, from there to Beatrice, NE where they are processed and finished and I haul them back to Belleville, MI for distribution to various OEM's for installation into new production transmission and drivelines, including the big 3 American ones, mostly for front wheel drive vehicles. The company is Neapco.

For years, I would haul wiring harnesses from the Mexican border that were made in Mexico by a Japanese company, American Yazaki, to various General Motors plants. The global marketplace is far more extensive than many folks can even imagine. The brand name on the component has hardly anything to do with who actually made it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back