Phillips Vision Plus vs Sylvania Xtravision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered some Vision Plus 60 bulbs from Amazon since a pair are only 11 bucks currently; my car, 1994 Toyota Corolla has Sylvania Xtravision bulbs in it currently with housings that have been sanded and polished.

I honestly think the Vision Plus bulbs are dimmer!
21.gif
They seem to light up street signs maybe a bit better, but the light output on the pavement doesn't seem to be as bright and it's more narrowly focused. Anyone else seen this happen with higher performance bulbs?

Check voltage at the plug and relay if necessary, then fit Osram NightBreakers. Or PIAA if you're a lottery winner.

Last edited:
One of the spring tabs that holds the bulb into the projector housing was loose and the bulb wasn't straight into the little reflector tube. I bent the tab so the bulb sits flush/tight into the housing and that seems to have fixed it.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
I ordered some Vision Plus 60 bulbs from Amazon since a pair are only 11 bucks currently; my car, 1994 Toyota Corolla has Sylvania Xtravision bulbs in it currently with housings that have been sanded and polished.

I honestly think the Vision Plus bulbs are dimmer!
21.gif
They seem to light up street signs maybe a bit better, but the light output on the pavement doesn't seem to be as bright and it's more narrowly focused. Anyone else seen this happen with higher performance bulbs?

Philips Vision Plus is not really brighter, but as you pointed out, it will illuminate street sign better.
If you want brighter, you should try Philips X-Tra Vision (that have short lifespan) or X-treme Ultinon LED

I just ordered some Phillips Crystal Vision for my Accent. They were half price.
smile.gif
I have some Phillips Xtreme Vision now.

They are higher wattage compared to OEM at 60/67w.

Originally Posted By: Ethan1
More narrowly focused = the headlights, not the bulbs

It can be the bulbs. How accurately the filament is placed inside the bulb can make a huge difference in how the light is spread. That is one of the biggest differences between a cheap bulb and a good one.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Housings are toast I'm sure even if you sanded them the reflectors are not going to perform correctly at that age.

Indeed, 2nded.

OP best bet is to get some decent aftermarket or oem (but a bit more) projectors.
The magnifying lens glass/whole assembly is what you need.

Had a sibling actually replace both projectors on a 14' XTS with want to say some german brand.
Man does that thing light up perfectly in regards to the beam being controlled and concentrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back