07' CTS V6 ATF & Power Steering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello yall! (First post)

I have an old 07 cts that I plan on changing ATF & Power steering. Did a drain/fill & filter on trans with supertech at 100K.
Also need to be upfront in that I Need this car to LAST.

Location in Houston City, so always hot, high humidity, rain, pollen, etc.

Had a few questions/concerns about fluid use and procedure.
(These fluids do fit for vehicle, also amazon highly rated. Yes maybe some or most reviews paid off
tired.gif
)

1) Valvoline Maxlife ATF W Lubeguard red
2) Royal Purple Max EZ power steerin
3) Drain Procedure for ATF & Power Steering

1)My transmission seems to whine around 2500ish RPM sort of sluggish but nothing major.

2) When turning wheels to max, power steering whines/makes noise.

3) What I plan on doing is detaching the return hose that goes back to the trans and taking out say a quart each time.
Then adding in the same amount to trans case, until it comes out the same color it goes in.
Also wanted to do this for the power steering
Any thoughts on this procedure? (Want to get as much old fluid out and new in)

Thanks for reading or any comments, suggestions, thoughts, or cluelessness Ha!!
cool.gif

When I did my power steering first time, I used turkey Bastet method. Now after replacing piece of return line; fluid is still looking good

Whine when turning could be air in system or possible bad pump or rack? Haven't worked on many GM's with that problem. Sorry I can't add more

If your transmission doesn't have a drain plug, get the Dorman pan that has one.

In the transmission, use Maxlife ATF. You do not need Lubegard or any other additives. You can probably use it for the power steering as well.

I'm with slacktide_bitog. Maxlife is DexVI, so it's perfect. Since you're wanting to keep this car running, and likely plan a future transmission service, the dorman would make future changes a snap. 7ish quarts out, 7ish back in.

I'm a fan of the turkey baster p/s method, it's easy and can be done in a pinch. You could remove the return line, and run fluid through the system while draining it out the return if you wanted it done in an afternoon. Plenty of how-to videos on youtube for that.

What's the mileage that you're at now?

car51,
Ok well that's simple and effective too. Hmm nice!

slacktide_bitog,
Transmission has a drain plug, however I need to remove the dang pan to drain the case completely.
Not hard just a bit messy.
Ok will do, throw out the additive from my cart.

RichardS,
Want to say my transmission is about 9-10 quarts and about 5 come out of the pan.
So theoretically a drain & fill is only 50% new fluid.
Ok I see power steering doesn't get as diry as a transmission, so turkey baster method is quite acceptable
Also at 148K miles, first 100k miles unknown. last 48k have been city driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back