Where part store parts are made and by who

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was excited to learn a lot of big name manufacturers like brembo, Bosch , denso, hitachi, moog make a majority of our parts at autozone. I was honestly very surprised by this. Anyone know who makes a lot of other part house parts?k

01.gif

Part store branded stuff is all over the board.

Anywhere from USA to China and all those in between.

The Moog tie rod/ drag link ends were made in Indonesia of all places.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
It doesn't mean that they are made of the same quality. Just say'n.

Fact! Most parts manufacturers have OE quality and aftermarket, even though its the same brand they are not the same.

Originally Posted By: Egg_Head
Dayco makes AZ's Duralast belts/hoses
the belts are great. The ones that fit my truck are only $4 each and made in usa.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
What they failed to mention is the second, third and sometimes fourth tier contractors that actually manufacture the components.

Not to mention that a lot of parts mfr's will have multiple grades of parts.

A friend of mine toured a TRW factory way back in the day and he was saying they had grade A stuff that was of top tier quality for OEM and high quality aftermarket, then grade B stuff for jobbers/OE equivalent, then grade C for economy grade parts, reboxers etc.

Not sure if this is still the case.

Originally Posted By: Canadastang
Not to mention that a lot of parts mfr's will have multiple grades of parts.

A friend of mine toured a TRW factory way back in the day and he was saying they had grade A stuff that was of top tier quality for OEM and high quality aftermarket, then grade B stuff for jobbers/OE equivalent, then grade C for economy grade parts, reboxers etc.

Not sure if this is still the case.

It's a standard practice that was adopted to accommodate tool wear and it is definitely being used today, probably more than before. Brand new tools produce the most accurate batch and that goes to OEMs. As the tools wear out, they produce parts with more tolerance variations. That's why parts are grouped by grades, because it signifies the batches that were made using that specific tool. The more batches, the less accurate and consistent the parts produced in that batch get.

Dies, diamond grinding stones and various cutting tools are very expensive, this way their lifespan is maximized.

It is all made to spec. This is standard operating procedure for ... I dunno ... a hundred years, maybe?

So, let's say Brembo makes Autozone rotors. They are not made to Brembo specifications, they are made to Autozone specifications, under contract. So they may or may not be comparable in quality.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
Most of the stuff I see at VatoZone is Duralast.
thats a-zones store brand. Its made by someone else.
Yeah I gathered that after it was too late for me to edit the post. I'm going to eat some crow.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Beck-Arnley reboxes a lot of OEM quality parts.

Yep, they make quality parts.

They used to! I was a big believer in them but recently I see their offerings have been Chinese job lot stuff. No longer genuine OEM parts with a different name. No longer made in Japan or Germany
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back