Goodyear Endurance trailer tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody have any experience with the new Goodyear Endurance tires. I am looking at 225 75 15 E tires and the Endurance has it...Max load 2833 lbs, speed rating N (87mph). It looks like a stout tire, made in USA, and around $120 each, but kinda hard to find. Replacing the Chinese tires on my 10,000 lb 5th wheel.

Originally Posted By: another Todd
Anybody have any experience with the new Goodyear Endurance tires. I am looking at 225 75 15 E tires and the Endurance has it...Max load 2833 lbs, speed rating N (87mph). It looks like a stout tire, made in USA, and around $120 each, but kinda hard to find. Replacing the Chinese tires on my 10,000 lb 5th wheel.

Does that include the rim or just the tires?

That will be the tire I'm going with when I replace tires next year. The couple guys I've talked to have really enjoyed them. The higher speed rating is huge if you tow long distances on the highway.

It's a brand new tire, so there probably won't be many opinions for awhile. The Goodyear Marathon tires don't have a great reputation on the RV boards, so hopefully it will be a big improvement over that tire.

I've had good luck with GY Marathons on my 7k cargo trailer. I replaced no name bias tires that went bald from GA to OR. Picked up the GYs at a Walmart and have made two trips across the ALCAN hwy and many hunting trips in AK. The same set also made it to VA from AK. Both trips on the ALCAN were a tad over 7k lbs over the axles. Biggest complaint is they seem to have softer sideways and produce a little more sway. That may be attributed to the radial construction. Tread life is still approximately 50%.

Got goodyear marathons on my boat trailer. Seem pretty good, although it's a single axle that I think is either bent slightly or misaligned.

I Just ordered 4 new Endurance tires from Goodyear. $100 off Memorial day special makes it $486.93 OTD including mounting, balancing, valve stems, $8.00 CA tire disposal fee, $7.00 CA waste tax, and of course CA $31.93 sales tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back