NAPA PROSELECT 27151, CUT OPEN TORN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off of a friends 2016 Ford F-250 with Delo XLE 10w30 and this for 6,xxx miles. Lots of short trips and 60% hauling stuff. Not impressed at all. He supplied DELO XLE 10w30 and Baldwin filter.

Uh-oh maybe the M&H/puro QC issues are making their way over to Wix
27.gif
35.gif

Whoa.. a torn pro select...never seen that... I've seen some go 7k miles and have no issues.
Thanks for the C&P - car51
thumbsup2.gif

Wow... town filters from Purolator, Champ (with unknown history), and WIX all in the same week. This is all starting to make me think wire backed synthetic media is the way to go. Then again this is a low end filter on a high end truck... I'll never understand saving $5 or so (if that) for a filter on such an expensive vehicle.

Would be real interesting to see what NAPA/WIX has to say about this:
http://www.napafilters.com/contact/
http://www.napafilters.com/warranty/

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
That's a lot of miles on a Napa PS.

What is the recommended interval for Napa ProSelect?

Originally Posted By: Canadastang
27.gif
35.gif

I wondered if someone would say this. No brand of filter will be 100% perfect all the time.

The maintenance schedule calls for a filter change every 5,000 to 7,500 miles.
No excuse for it to fail at 6,500 miles.

Thanks to car51 for posting.

Any oil filter spec'd for a diesel should be made to far greater durability than standard fare automotive filters.

Thank you for posting. You should've tried the 47151 (Napa Platinum/Wix XP, wire-backed) which is designed for longer drains.

Originally Posted By: Canadastang
27.gif
35.gif

I knew someone would
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: njohnson

What is the recommended interval for Napa ProSelect?

On the shelf at Napa they recommend them (well the Silver variant) for "traditional" oil changes of 3-4k miles. It still should handle extension without falling apart though.

I have never seen a torn Pro Select or Silver either.

Here is what NAPAonline says:
"Important Information: Oil Drain Intervals Of Up To 5000 Miles / 8000 Kilometers"

Hey, I had a point in the other thread. Something is going on with the oil filter manufacturers. Something has to happen to stop the poor quality.
I know that you'd want to look for an API starburst symbol when choosing motor oil. Well, oil filters need an organization that would lend their service mark to a quality product; one that customers would look for when choosing a filter.

Bottom line, friend got that filter as NAPA near him didn't have a NAPA GOLD to use.

Stuff happens but not tearing on a truck when filter is correct for application

Ford's recommendations:
Normal service- 7500 miles or 6 months, 0% on OLM. Does not include pulling a load or short tripping.
Special conditions- 5000 miles or 6 months, 200 hrs. Includes pulling a load and short trips.
Filters with more capacity are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back