Usps dropped the ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mailed my uoa sample off at the first of May. It was my 2nd uoa (Pennzoil Platinum high mileage 10W30) for the Pennzoil Insider's Program. My first one (the GTX 20W50 one) was emailed to me in about a week,really fast service,thanks Blackstone! Since a month had almost gone by and nothing,I emailed Blackstone and they emailed me back saying they never got it. I highly doubt by now after all this time it will show up. But in the event it does,I'll post it here first thing. Good job usps! Plus this is not the first time the usps has lost my mail. Anyway,guess we'll never know how PPHM compares to GTX in my car.

it's taken the USPS a month+ to get a couple of my samples to blackstone.
i live an hour from blackstone.
it could still show up.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Did you mail it in the plastic container with no extra box?

No,the Pennzoil Insiders kit comes with a padded prepaid envelope that you pack that black plastic sample container in.

Originally Posted By: earlyre
it's taken the USPS a month+ to get a couple of my samples to blackstone.
i live an hour from blackstone.
it could still show up.

Man I hope so,that would've been a really interesting uoa.

I use UPS and Fedex whenever possible. I shipped a box of books once, and the only thing that got delivered was a ragged piece of cardboard with the mailing label attached. Also had boxes just disappear.
mad.gif

One thing I've noticed recently on purchases delivered through USPS to us is the slow, if any updates, on the tracking of the packages. We just had two packages delivered from California, from two different vendors, that were delivered to the house and the current, at the time, tracking showed them waiting to be picked up for transport from the vendor.
21.gif

At my last job, about 3 years into it, I convinced our warehouse manager to switch from UPS to USPS.

Everyone complains, but our rate-of-delivery was far better with the Post Office than UPS. Cheaper, and faster as well.

They move *a lot* of packages, and we can only expect that sometimes a package experiences issues.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
USPS often drops the ball.

I barely trust that my mail gets delivered.

There is very little ACCOUNTABILITY with government employees.....many are swamp creatures....

Could be stuck at a facility somewhere. Most of the times USPS contracts say FedEx (or UPS) to handle their packages. They will build or convert an old building just to handle those loads. We maintain one of those buildings, and I'll say at the the end of the shift if there's stuff still to be sorted or unloaded it gets left there for the night. Mis-sorting does happen as well, or something gets lost in the conveyor system. Usually gets found, but not for a while depending on the maintenance schedule. That's why all of a sudden a package will show up months later. Albeit most of the time if it got sucked under a transition plate it's destroyed if it was in a plastic bag...

Unfortunately the usps didn't give me a receipt and/or tracking #,I'm guessing because it was a prepaid envelope,like when you hand them a few stamped envelopes to mail off. Sucks because it makes me feel as if Pennzoil wasted their more than genorous time and offer with me. Oh well,but all is not lost,Pennzoil gained a lifetime costumer! Thank you Gena and Pennzoil,you're awesome!

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
When I mailed mine with USPS I was given a tracking number...

Yeah, great, I have gotten those, too. Unfortunately, the last one I got still shows "Shipping label created" a week after it was delivered!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back