Lowest NOACK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe QSUD has recently shown Noack below 5%. But Valvoline Synthetic w/Maxlive tech 10W30 is pretty darn good too...

Amsoil pegged Red Line High Performance 5W30 at about 5.5% back in 2012.
I know it's not a super high volume seller, but it's not hard to get.

The popular Castrol Edge 0w30 (thick 30, almost a 40) NOACK is 8.3

Castrol says it's still available in the US according to someone on here who contacted them.

MPT 5w-30 is 5.4, which is listed on their website. MPT seems to have mixed reviews/emotions around it.

Last edited:
You slacker... Trying to get everyone else to do your homework for you. I'm just giving you a hard time here.
I agree with Wemay that Valvoline 10w30 is a good option. Or Quaker State Ultimate Durability 10w30. PYB used to less than 5% but it is no longer that way.. doggone it

If M1 would publish their noack. I bet the 10w-30 HM is pretty darn low. HTHS of 3.5

I too would like to know which oils have the lowest noack. I bet the 5w-20 and 10w-30 are very similar within brand. Less VII

Originally Posted By: Jetstreamz06
What's noack? I'm ignorant

Quote:
Wiki: The NOACK Volatility Test, otherwise known as ASTM D-5800, determines the evaporation loss of lubricants in high-temperature service.[1] The more motor oils vaporize, the thicker and heavier they become, contributing to poor circulation, reduced fuel economy and increased oil consumption, wear and emissions.

Once you start your engine after an oil change, some degree of fuel dilution occurs, and the fuel is more volatile than the lubricant. The test method would not distinguish between fuel vs. lubricant loss from the crankcase mix.

Without getting into Euro grades, original Pennzoil Ultra 10W-30 was 4.8, 5W-20 was 5.0, and 5W-30 was 6.4.

Has to be the lowest off the shelf 5W-20 widely distributed.

http://www.kellerheartt.com/v/vspfiles/D...01207271346.pdf

Last edited:
Amsoil's current offerings are pretty low the 10/30 XL(XLT) is 5.7%, the 10/30 SS(ATM) is 5.3%, and there 5/20 SS(ALM) is 6.3%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back