The world is full of injustices...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Example? Stuff like this can go down the road, yet I've been ticketed for some of the stuff I've been. Heck, not only do I recognize when something's just too overloaded to safely be out around other motorists, but I care more about my truck than that!

Seen in my town yesterday.
6320D3F2-FB73-4EA6-B69D-8C76A6B5ACA2_zps9w6ovhar.jpg

Smh...

Last edited:
As long as the load is tied down well, the brakes work, and the guy is doing 40mph or less, I don't think he's putting anyone at undue risk.
If he's trying to hit 75mph before the next hill, that's another thing.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Yet that's about 1000 times safer than texting.

Unless of course, they are texting LOL.
Or need to stop at a green light to let an emergency vehicle pass through from the cross street. Don't ask me how I know.

I would recommend the guy trade his truck in on something with a higher payload but I am guessing he would have to pay the dealer $500 to take it off his hands.

I don't think he is doing that because he wants to. Seems like someone just trying to make a living with what they have.

I'll never look down on honest work.

Yesterday I saw on the side of the road a half ton truck with a landscape trailer that had a wrecked Jeep GC mostly in it. It looked like the Jeep was starting to slide out so they were trying to tie it in. And the truck looked like it was on the bump stops. Wanted to get a pic so bad. And yes they were candidates for racial profiling for citizenship. LE lets a lot of stuff slide here.

And that load of rustic fence in OP's pic is probably worth big bucks..

I have the greatest respect for honest work - I've been doing a lot of it the last few months trying to move out of my rental house, in with the in-laws to save up and get in a little better way by the end of the summer. If I acquainted the driver (who actually didn't look like an illegal) and I could do something to help him and get him to a better place in life, that I felt wouldn't be a total waste, I would. But, by golly, the truck I depend on to haul stuff in (to make money, some times) is in good shape and equipped for what I need it to do, and not because I just bought it or have sunk thousands into it, either. Priorities.

And yes, he was heading into town just past Wal-Mart. Good eye!

They're everywhere here in Texas. Usually they have a trailer in the same condition. I just do my best to keep away from them and carry uninsured/underinsured coverage so no worries.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan

+1

+2

At least you see him and can stay a safe distance away. The texter will rear-end you at 40 mph out of nowhere.

Originally Posted By: wemay
Originally Posted By: IndyIan

+1

+2

At least you see him and can stay a safe distance away. The texter will rear-end you at 40 mph out of nowhere.

And when the texter rear-ends the Ford, we got a real circus on our hands.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Alex_V

Says the person fiddling with their cell phone taking pictures while driving.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

Says the person fiddling with their cell phone taking pictures while driving.

Wifey took the picture while I was driving. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Wifey took the picture while I was driving. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Show a little compassion; he needs to make at least self-righteous comment per day- it's his verbal Metamucil, if you will...

Originally Posted By: andyd
Some poor soul trying to scrape together a meager subsistence. Pass with caution.
laugh.gif

My sympathy goes flying out the door when I see him endangering other people with a poorly secured load in a lousy motor vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back