Is their an OBD2 app with advanced capabilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such as Battery/Alternator test, Enhanced manufacturer specific codes etc? As an alternative to say a higher end innova or actron model.

Gotta ask what car as it gets specialized if you don't want to spend thousands of $$$.

Torque will be the best universal app. For car specific features you will need to spend a little bit more in hardware and software.

I was thinking(hoping) maybe their is an app that covers at least most Domestic models made in the last 10 years...in regards to codes, abs, battery monitor, alternator monitor etc. Say something with capabilities similar to Actron 9670 or better.

I haven't used one, but check out Blue Driver. It's probably the best universal app (not sure if is as good as forscan for Fords) The app is free but the obd dongle $100 and the app only works with it. Still probably the best scanner for the price.

Car Gauge Pro has a terrible interface, but it read the ABS codes on my 2000 Cavalier when Torque would not.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Can you tell us what BlueDriver does which is not available on Torque Pro?

According to their website, they claim that beyond just the global OBDII functions, Blue Driver also does enhanced codes (ABS, SRS,Transmission codes, "etc."). Unlike other companies, I could not find info on their site about vehicle compatibility (brand,year, functions).

@ the OP: I found this discussion that mentions the makers of Car Gauge Pro are developing an app. called Car Diagnostic Pro that has a better interface and covers more "enhanced codes". Here is a link: http://gmtnation.com/forums/threads/torque-pro-vs-car-gauge-pro.14193/page-2

and..... https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=OBD Scantech&hl=en

It seems that it only covers GM, Ford, Toyota, KIA and Nissan right now. Note that some are only up to 2007 models.

Let us know what you learn. I found it amusing in my first link that some are pondering buying Torque ($5) vs Car Gauge Pro($9) and at the same time complaining that they don't do what Snap On analysers do @, what, $6,000+?

In my recent study of sub $200 scanners by Innova,Actron, Autel, and Launch, the coverage of enhanced codes may lag 2 to 5 years behind due to licensing difficulties from the vehicle mfg..

I may make a thread of other interesting (to me)discoveries.....maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back