4. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 49
5. Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull, 37
Constructors
1. Mercedes AMG Petronas, 161
2. Scuderia Ferrari, 153
3. Red Bull Racing, 72
4. Sahara Force India, 53
5. Scuderia Toro Rosso, 21

For more, including track data, analysis, and video please check out my full post on TOV Motorsports.

c0ee4630ece59ad98ded57b85bdbec91.jpg

It will be interesting to see where the McLarens qualify. Alonso was a quarter second faster than Button last year so we could guess where he would've ended up. I bet P7 would be the maximum and then drop a few places in the race.

Thanks gofast182.
I have to give Sebastian Vettel his props on driving to Monza from his home in Switzerland in a KTM X-Bow for a race a few years ago.
Would like to see Alonso somewhere near the top.

Originally Posted By: 555

I'm pretty sure you're going to be disappointed...

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Originally Posted By: 555

I'm pretty sure you're going to be disappointed...

grin.gif

Someone isn't up on F1 news or didn't read my post on TOV Motorsports! Just a reminder that Alonso is campaigning the Indy 500 this weekend and Jenson Button has returned to take his place.

Interesting contrast, Monaco and Indy. Dodging barriers at 100 vs 200+. A shunt at Monaco is an short walk to an expensive apartment overlooking the harbor and a shunt at Indy is a helicopter ride to a trauma center. A meal at Monaco is a 7-course extravaganza at a course side bistro and at Indy it's a hod dog and a beer.

Alonso has done more to raise the public awareness of both events than anything else we've see in the recent past.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Alonso has done more to raise the public awareness of both events than anything else we've see in the recent past.

+1 It has been great hasn't it. Hope he at least shows well and doesn't get hurt.

I have a comment about Alonso' adventure at Indy. Looking at the timing charts from a friend there that works for one of the other teams keeping track of competitor's lap times and taking pictures of their setup as the get ready to enter the track there is something to be learned. And that is that Alonso is sandbagging it just a bit.

You can't win just because you're on the pole. And lap times have to be considered in context. Laps being towed have to be noted just like the amount of fuel on board. In all those hot lapping times others were running with light fuel and tracking laps in the open after taking a sling shot from a team mate or cooperating friend. When Alonso works in traffic to gain experience he stays in traffic. He often moves into a position to pass with possibly help from an experienced spotter and then moves back in line. And he has been doing all this with full fuel. Same with free form in the open hot laps, full fuel. When others run on stickers (new tires) and stays on them, Alonso scrubs in the stickers, comes in and runs on previously run tires (scrubs) and tops up the fuel.

The race will be interesting. No more fooling around.

Originally Posted By: DeepFriar
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack

+1 It has been great hasn't it. Hope he at least shows well and doesn't get hurt.

Maybe some Europeans can pay attention to the event and we can get more North Americans paying attention to F1.

As for Monaco, Mercedes better undo whatever it was they did before the P2 session, or qualifying will be amusing, at least for me.

I'm not sure what was worse, NBC's audio, or Hamilton playing slip and slide? Either way it will be nice seeing him caught up in all that mid pack turmoil on the first lap.

Go Kimi! What an epic qualifying... top three drivers within 0.045s. Curious, however, as to how Hamilton struggled with the car so much, whereas Bottas got to P3. Shame that Vandoorne crashed right as Lewis was about to finish his final Q2 lap; up til then he was just inside the 10th place cutoff.

Originally Posted By: Klutch9
Go Kimi! What an epic qualifying... top three drivers within 0.045s. Curious, however, as to how Hamilton struggled with the car so much, whereas Bottas got to P3. Shame that Vandoorne crashed right as Lewis was about to finish his final Q2 lap; up til then he was just inside the 10th place cutoff.

Lewis will come up with all sorts of dark reasons as to why his car was poorly prepared compared to Bottas. And Vandoorne was paid off with a seat by Alonso to sabotage Hamilton for which Alonso couldn't be blamed because he was, uh, out of the country and and and...welcome to the fever swamp of the Lewis mind.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Interesting how my last post in here from a few hours ago disappeared. I guess one of the mods is a Hamilton fan.

I can still see your childish post from a few hours ago. Or did you make another equally stupid post that is no longer there? I'm a HUGE Hamilton fan but I didn't delete anything.

Watching NBC Sports this morning. Will Buxton walking the grid in a nearly delirious state trying to inject excitement into the affair. Nice for a cord cutter like me to get to watch a race in full over-the-air resolution rather than the compressed signal off the internet. And now, the race (I'm a mad Kimi fan).....

Originally Posted By: DeepFriar
Watching NBC Sports this morning. Will Buxton walking the grid in a nearly delirious state trying to inject excitement into the affair.

If someone gave that guy 3 cups of Espresso, he'd have a full blown coronary. I miss Peter Windsor. More knowledge without acting like he was jacked up on PCP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back