Premium guard Kia/Hyundai 26300-35503 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I snagged few of these from work since boss didn't have problem with it. Was on friends 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe with QSGB 5w30 for 6,500 miles. Put another one on and more QSGB 5w30 in.

Originally Posted By: Kool1
The Premium Guard oil filter in your photos looks similar to the OEM Hyundai/Kia oil filter. Some people, with a different application, aren't too happy with the Premium Guard brand of oil filter.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cad...mium-guard.html

I generally prefer OEM for cartridges. As much as I like the Ultra, I'll only stick to the spin on filters.

I'm honestly surprised the guy ran 2 poor quality filters. I don't care of they were free.. I would have gotten a different brand (AC Delco preferably).

Last edited:
You guys are very welcome
smile.gif

Looks exactly like the OE filter, except for the lack of the Hyundai logo looking down in the can at the bypass valve. I suspect Premium Guard is having MANN+HUMMEL Korea make this particular filter.

The OE filter can also be purchased very cheap from Rock Auto under the Auto7 brand. Comes in a Hyundai or Kia box with the Auto7 sticker slapped over the top, unless something changed from the last time I ordered one.

For a long time posters said buying the Auto 7 for H/K vehicles from RA got you the same as H/K oem, minus label. One member however got a surprise when he ordered some last year. It was posted HERE. So I wouldn't be so confident now with ordering an A7 from RA.

I agree the PG here for H/K vehicles 'looks' very similar to the H/K oem. Even uses a silicone adbv like oem. Supposedly the H/K oem spin on is now made by Mann&Hummel.

Thanks for c&p.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
For a long time posters said buying the Auto 7 for H/K vehicles from RA got you the same as H/K oem, minus label. One member however got a surprise when he ordered some last year. It was posted HERE. So I wouldn't be so confident now with ordering an A7 from RA.

I agree the PG here for H/K vehicles 'looks' very similar to the H/K oem. Even uses a silicone adbv like oem. Supposedly the H/K oem spin on is now made by Mann&Hummel.

Thanks for c&p.

We are using these at work on all Hyundai/Kia that spec this filter or OEM one

Originally Posted By: Sayjac

Thanks for c&p.

Disappointing to hear about the Auto7 supplier switch - can't trust buying them sight unseen now. Daewha may be an OE supplier, but not for Hyundai/Kia oil filters.

Dongwoo is reported to be the original supplier to Hyundai & Kia for the spin on oil filters used in most models, but they were acquired by MANN+HUMMEL in 2008. https://www.mann-hummel.com/en/corp/group/company-history/

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
I wonder if it filters better than the OE Hyundai sieve they call a filter?

A tad melodramatic
whistle.gif

By the OEM flow versus filtration standard, you could probably bring in Toyota and Honda filters as similarly sieve-like.

Premium Guard lists their standard Fram replacement filters as 96% efficient @ 25 microns and an "Extended Life" version with synthetic resin media having an efficiency of >98% @ 25 microns. Where have I heard those specs before?? This company seems to enter into contracts for private label and manufacturer knockoffs that are just restamped for the service industry.

I wouldn't doubt this product is made by Mann-Hummel Korea and distributed by Premium Guard with the exact same specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back