Corolla crash, before fix and after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice job. Did the replace the front bumper? If so it was pretty straightforward repair because everything except the door was removed and replaced. Nonetheless, good work.

Bummer such a new car got hit. Sorry for that, I feel your pain as we got hit a few months after buying our new van...

Looks really good. Did they replace the fender and bumper cover or just repair? Did they definitely use genuine Toyota parts?

At least you are out of salt belt.

In New England you'd find out within 5 years where body was repaired.....

Silver is awful color to match, at dusk it is noticeable. Validate shops work then.

Originally Posted By: Throt
Very nice job. Did the replace the front bumper? If so it was pretty straightforward repair because everything except the door was removed and replaced. Nonetheless, good work.

The diagonal damage visible on the door skin is usually an impression of the intrusion beam. 99% of intrusion beams are not serviceable without replacing the door, so it may very well have gotten a door.

They replaced the door skin, rear view mirror assembly, fender, fender liner, wheel (aftermarket), tire, driver's side headlight, bumper skin and air intake box. The sub-frame was not damaged.

They called me to view the damage when everything was stripped for the sake of transparency. The invoice shows (genuine Toyota part) after each item.

Sorry to hear about your van JHZR2. Yes it is rather unfortunate especially being so new. Along those lines, i also filed a "diminished value claim" with the other driver's insurance, Progressive. They issued a $3000 check on top of the fix, and a lifetime warranty on the repairs. Very impressed with Progressive and the Toyota body shop.

Originally Posted By: wemay
They replaced the door skin, rear view mirror assembly, fender, fender liner, wheel (aftermarket), tire, driver's side headlight, bumper skin and air intake box. The sub-frame was not damaged.

They called me to view the damage when everything was stripped for the sake of transparency. The invoice shows (genuine Toyota part) after each item.

Sorry to hear about your van JHZR2. Yes it is rather unfortunate especially being so new. Along those lines, i also filed a "diminished value claim" with the other driver's insurance, Progressive. They issued a $3000 check on top of the fix, and a lifetime warranty on the repairs. Very impressed with Progressive and the Toyota body shop.

I'm very surprised that they were so forthcoming with helping you out on a diminished value claim. Working in auto insurance myself, I know it usually can be like pulling teeth.

Looks great! I always wondered how they replace the door skin? Doesn't it have seam sealer around the edges? Do they unbolt it cut the seam sealer away, bolt on a new one and seam seal it again?

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe

I'm very surprised that they were so forthcoming with helping you out on a diminished value claim. Working in auto insurance myself, I know it usually can be like pulling teeth.

The only person in the history of the Internet to get a "diminished value claim".......

Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe

The only person in the history of the Internet to get a "diminished value claim".......

I never even knew this existed and it was so seamless, I'm taken aback by reading here how difficult DVC is to get. There was no haggling involved.

I have one correction. DVC was $2000, the repairs were $3K+. I mixed up the two. And just to dispell any cynicism...

When I worked claims in MO and IL, the only way to get diminished value was with an exotic..."normal" cars never got that approved, but if you had one of 3 Ferraris in the US in that particular color, for instance, they would pay out huge sums for that.

Silver paint is a giant pain in the neck to match...I can nearly always find the blend line if they blend within a panel, and color match can look good from one angle, and be 3 shades off from another. I studiously avoid light metallic colors for that reason. Not much pigment there, it's all about film depth and getting the metal flakes to lay the right way.

Silver is prone to mottling and blotchiness too...GM seems to be really bad about blotchy metallic paint.

This repair looks really good in the pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back