2002 Ford Crown Victoria 200k, 5.2 on Maxlife 5W20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Previous UOA

Finally! After a month I have the results back from my oil change on 4/25. I put in the sample information online, but when it got scanned in at their facility, it didnt come back to anything so it got shelved. I emailed back and forth a few times and got it sorted. Finally recieved the results this morning.
Oil was Maxlife Syn 5W20, but I added a quart of Synpower 20W50 about halfway through to quickly boost the viscosity into 30 grade, which appears to have worked.
Filter was a Fram XG2 I reused. At the end of the OCI it had about 18k miles on it.
Still using Lubeguard Biotech oil treatment at 3oz/qt

Code:

Iron 19

Chromium 0

Nickel 1

Aluminum 22

Copper 4

Lead 0

Tin 0

Silicon 13

Sodium 262

Potassium 1

Titanium 0

Molybdenum 212

Boron 8

Magnesium 9

Calcium 2130

Phosphorous 853

Zinc 771

Fuel
Soot
Water
Visc 10.3cSt@100C

TBN 2.86

Oxid 16

Nitr 11

Lab is OAI/Polaris

After peaking at 27ppm last OCI, the Al is finally trending back down. Very happy. I did look at the filter for signs of metallic contamination from the timing chains, but found none.

Last edited:
Impressive that you went 19K miles on that Fram XG2 filter. I use the same one on my 2002, though only for about 8K miles/yr total (2 OCI's).

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
Impressive that you went 19K miles on that Fram XG2 filter. I use the same one on my 2002, though only for about 8K miles/yr total (2 OCI's).

It was in use for almost exactly a year. 05/03/16@182,000 miles to 4/25/17@200,000 miles

How many miles on this oil change and how many quarts of makeup oil? I don't see it in your post? 18k on the oil or filter?

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
How many miles on this oil change and how many quarts of makeup oil? I don't see it in your post? 18k on the oil or filter?

Whoops! In my excitement of finally getting this report Im completely forgot.
The oil was in for 5,250 miles. Only the oil filter went 18,000.
Top up was 1 quart. The quart of Synpower 20W50 I added.

I use the same combination in my Accord, save the filter -- which is an Ultra. I want to get 7K out of the oil with Biotech.

The only things that concerns me is the Al. If it was trending down here (previously 27) then I'd say there's an issue somewhere.

I realize you've used Polaris, and most of my data comes from Blackstone, but the 5k miles in your UOA is pretty much the average duration for most. Typically we'd see about 4ppm of Al in 5k miles; you've had 27 and now 22. Good that it's coming down, but from what? Could be a particle streak? The Cu and Pb are not bad on yours. I've heard (but admit I have no ability to confirm) that Ford used aluminum bearings rather than traditional Cu/Pb in some applications. You may or may not have an issue here.

Continued monitoring is key.

Yes, this engine does use Al bearings. Not Cu/Pb. So it could very well be lower end wear.

Im going to keep up with UOAs and stick with my ~5k mile oil changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back