Recalls: Audi, Chevy, Honda, Jeep, VW, MB, Toyota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of those are pretty serious. Wrong pistons installed in engines? That would be a huge bummer on a new car.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Some of those are pretty serious. Wrong pistons installed in engines? That would be a huge bummer on a new car.

A total of 16 CRV's that had replacement engines already. I'm sure the owners are going to love hearing this. But on the flip side, for Honda, Honda gets to look good. They look like they are bending over backwards to take care of customers; and it was only a measly 16 owners impacted by this.

Originally Posted By: supton

Honda gets to look good.

Looking good might be stretching it a little bit. If I had a replacement long block put in my brand new car I would still be a little perturbed, even if the OEM owned up to it.

Originally Posted By: SF0059

Honda gets to look good.

Looking good might be stretching it a little bit. If I had a replacement long block put in my brand new car I would still be a little perturbed, even if the OEM owned up to it.

Looking at it from the wrong eyes. If it was my car, I'd be miffed at the first one, and put out on the second one. But if I was merely shopping, thinking about buying one, it might look like Honda taking care of their customers.

Also, it was all of sixteen cars being recalled.

A total of 16 CRV's that had replacement engines already. I'm sure the owners are going to love hearing this. But on the flip side, for Honda, Honda gets to look good. They look like they are bending over backwards to take care of customers; and it was only a measly 16 owners impacted by this.

Agreed; I'm not so concerned my car got recalled as I am that the fix is dealt with efficiently and professionally.

Got a recall campaign letter on my Subaru for the takata air bags but I think almost all car makers were effected by that and was a supplier issue not actually their fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back