Smaller favorite company oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which "smaller" oil company do you trust/like the best?? And why??

I like Warren Oil a fair amount. I think they do a pretty good job making very solid oils at reasonable prices. Even at a Sunoco gas station their full synthetic Lubrigold Dexos approved 5w30 $5.89 is cheaper than Pennzoil conventional at $6.19 a qt.

I know that WPP makes very good products as well. Another one is Pinnacle oil company. In Indiana, Illinois, Ohio and other upper Midwest states Pinnacle is rather commonly found. Calumet may well make finished oils as well though I do not know for sure. Omni makes the full synthetic for O Reilly's which seems rather good from test results from PQIA. Shaeffer's out of St. Louis makes a great product as well.

My step father worked at Amoco oil refinery in Yorktown. He would have some of their motor oil around at times. I think now he is running Valvoline Maxlife full synthetic in his cars and truck. That is a very good replacement I would say. I think when Giant bought the refinery from Amoco I don't know if they processed anything for use as motor oil. Maybe.

I have nothing at all against the big companies who make very good products. SOPUS, Ashland, Chevron and Mobil all do a great job. I think it is cool to support the little guys as well. One thing to remember is that all of the current big guys started out very small at one time too. Even if that was fifty or a hundred years ago. So, which smaller oil blenders do you like??

Good catch Captain
smile.gif

Knew I'd forget one of the "smaller" ones. Yeah Amalie makes very good oil as well.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Good catch Captain
smile.gif

Knew I'd forget one of the "smaller" ones. Yeah Amalie makes very good oil as well.

Them and WPP I like

Both Warrens - one has history with Coastal, the other makes good inexpensive ATF+4 and other driveline fluids.

Gear oil - Sta Lube. Always had good results with them in my muscle car days.

I'm not old enough to use their oil but in my driving youth I got gasoline at a Hancock station. It was the only one around and still had a guy who came out and performed all the service. I don't know what gasoline they were pumping but they still had the old Hancock pumps with the dial that you selected the octane with, all the way to 100.

We knew the owner so during the Saudi embargo, he let us get our gasoline after hours if it wasn't our designated day. We could fill up past the 10 gallon limit if needed.

Originally Posted By: car51
AMALIE

Currently running Amalie Mercon V in my 2002 Lincoln. One of my local auto parts stores which handles many large commercial accounts in New England, uses their motor oil and transmission fluids.

Both the oils in my sig performed excellent in UOA's. I had never heard of them until I started using them from the dealership two years ago!

Yeah MuzzleFlash40 I remember your UOA from Cam2 5w20. That was very impressive.

After reading the OP's post I asked my 77 yo father this question he pondered for a moment and said "Oilzum!" .. Um.. Dad I think they went out of business some 40 years ago!

Warren is marketed as Harvest King (at Atwood's farm stores) - their full-synthetic 5W-20 is Dexos approved and is $13 a gallon any day of the week, and sometimes goes on sale for $9.99 a gallon.

Mystik 15W-50 is what runs in my Harley Softail.

Aegis Oils - I can (and have) ring up the blender to talk about additives. The owner used to drop into work at the time to see how we were doing with his oils. About as small as an oil company gets...in a small country.

On a world scale Penrite Oil is a small company, but it's big in Australia, and makes a great oil.

RACING5W30005.jpg

There is a small USA oil company, I've never found their oil here, but I've always wanted to try them, it's Sinclair Oil

high_mileage_motor_oil_FPO_200px.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back