General Altimax RT43 vs Cooper CS5 Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: rsylvstr
We have them on the Altima and love them. Just make sure they mount them in the right direction.

Did you ever figure out that vibration issue?

I have been sitting on the fence about these two tires for our Sienna, was leaning towards the Coopers as we had the CS4's on our Odyssey and were happy with them. Haven't pulled the trigger yet as I was waiting for a new Cooper rebate offer...however, I am not seeing it on their website???

Originally Posted By: Picky1
I was waiting for a new Cooper rebate offer...however, I am not seeing it on their website???

Doesn't appear they have one going right now. They did have one recently but it expired. Hopefully, they will have one around the Labor Day sale.

It appears the RT43 is cheaper than Cooper this time with the DT/DTD Memorial Day Sale
smile.gif

I need new 205-55-16 shoes. It appears Walmart has the RT43 for about $10 less than the DTD price. So an extra $40 savings there if they match it. Of course if you have a different size then there might not be any extra savings.

^^^^^ DTD may not match the WM tire price in addition to their price with multiple stacked rebates during the Memorial Day Promotion. 'I'd' be surprised if they did as they are easily beating the WM final price with said rebates. Suppose it can't hurt to ask though......

Either way, RT43's are at excellent prices with current General rebate stacked on the DTD/DT Memorial Day promo rebates.

The CS5 was the best tire we had on the Wifes RWD Grand Marquis. Quite and was excellent in rain and snow. A set will be going on the Santa Fe in the fall.

Even though the RT43's are cheaper this time around with the manufacture rebate coupled with the offers from DTD I went with the CS5's for our Sienna. Basically the difference in price was $13.41 a tire, which came from the extra $50 that General is offering right now.

The reason why I went with the Coopers was that we had the Cooper CS4s on our Odyssey and they held up great, so I am hoping we will get the same results with the CS5s on the Sienna.

I guess I can now do my own tire comparison since I had the RT43's install on my Subaru Legacy in the fall and now I will have the CS5's on our minivan.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: rsylvstr
We have them on the Altima and love them. Just make sure they mount them in the right direction.

Did you ever figure out that vibration issue?

No

CS5 ultras were poor performers and lasted two short seasons.

2012 Altima.

Now debating Cooper adventurer tour or RT43 which my loca shop says they can't get.

Last edited:
Wonder how the OP fared with these tires. I purchased a set of CS5 Ultras for my '07 Pacifica a couple months ago.

Best attributes are ride comfort, dry grip & cornering, and ability to shed water. Not so great with actual wet grip/traction and snow performance, though the latter I don't really care about since we rarely get snow these days.

Originally Posted by 92saturnsl2
Wonder how the OP fared with these tires. I purchased a set of CS5 Ultras for my '07 Pacifica a couple months ago.

Best attributes are ride comfort, dry grip & cornering, and ability to shed water. Not so great with actual wet grip/traction and snow performance, though the latter I don't really care about since we rarely get snow these days.

Your comments reveal a bit of a rating so where do you put it on scale overall - 8 of 10 ?
Your description fits my expectations looking at the tire image. It looks like it should be fairly quiet too. Def no snow bite but without that need in your area, should perform as expected. It looks like a good contender in fair weather or 3 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back